How Should I Store Fondant Decorations For Customers To Take

Decorating By Daniellemhv Updated 30 Oct 2011 , 5:12pm by Jessicakes831

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a few local craft shows and will be selling fondant cupcake toppers and simple gumpaste flowers. I see on websites that sell them they always say they come packaged in an airtight container in which they can be stored for up to a year?!

What is the best way to do this? I'm looking for a simple, pretty, inexpensive package that I can buy locally (A.C. Moore, Michaels, Hobby Lobby).

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 6

I've never had to pk'ag any of mine in anything. Maybe if it is humid where you are wrap them in plastic wrap on a cake board?

Daniellemhv Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 6

Definitely not humid. It was snowing today lol. I don't want them to go soft in an airtight container. But I also want them to last for awhile. I was thinking candy boxes?

Daniellemhv Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 6

And also avoid breakage...

Jessicakes831 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessicakes831 Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 6

If the decorations are small, you can put them in a nut and candy paper. If you don't know what those are, they're the small white cups you can pump ketchup or mustard in at a fast food restaurant. Then you can wrap a piece of saran wrap from underneath and tie a bow on it to make it look cute. If your decorations are larger, you could place them in a clear plastic cup and do the same with the saran wrap.
Hope that works!
-Little Miss Jessicakes

Jessicakes831 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessicakes831 Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 6

If the decorations are small, you can put them in a nut and candy paper. If you don't know what those are, they're the small white cups you can pump ketchup or mustard in at a fast food restaurant. Then you can wrap a piece of saran wrap from underneath and tie a bow on it to make it look cute. If your decorations are larger, you could place them in a clear plastic cup and do the same with the saran wrap.
Hope that works!
-Little Miss Jessicakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%