New Silhouette Cameo

Decorating By bonniekaye Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 1:04pm by icingimages

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 5

I am a big fan of electronic cutters and use them ( mostly my Silhouette) everyday. I have almost talked myself into buying the new Cameo. I am getting a new large format printer and plan on using Icing Image large icing sheets. I saw the demo cutting out 3 dozen logos from one icing sheet. I am thinking this would be a great time saver. Has anyone gotten the new machine yet?

4 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:36am
post #2 of 5

I had the pleasure of watching Chef Mike Terry and Linda McClure demo it live at my booth at the All Things Baking Show. It was so much fun to watch. Combining it with our printer really opens up the decorating field, especially when you combine it with iiDesigns and our colored icing sheets. If you live in the Indianapolis area, Mike and Linda will be doing a workshop at Sweet Art (home of Chocopan) in November. You don't want to miss it if you are in the Indianapolis area. They are so much fun to watch and they are fullof endless designing possibilities!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 5

Hi, two things, Debbie, what wide format printer are you recommending? and bonniekaye, here is a Silhouette forum that I belong to, there are lots of posts concerning the new Cameo. I really can't justify one right now, but they sure look nice!!

http://s15.zetaboards.com/Silhouette_Plus/index/

Scroll down and you will find Cameo Chat, that is where the Cameo info is. Most of these folks preordered and have just received their Cameos, so there are lots of how do I do this or that and/or how much trouble they are having or not having. HTH

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:20pm
post #4 of 5

I absolutely love (LOVE) my Cricut cake, but after watching the live demo with Linda McClure, with the cameo - I have to confess, I want it! Shhhh don't tell my DH!!! icon_biggrin.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 5

I will tell you, one awesome thing about changing electronic cutters is that there is a good market for used ones on ebay since they are used in the scrapbook world as well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%