Newbie To Fondant And Need Help.

Decorating By Kamstor Updated 27 Oct 2011 , 3:41am by Lorabell

Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 2:58am
post #1 of 2

Hello,

I am new to using fondant and I just made some fondant Lego (blocks) decorations to go on my nephews cupcakes and forgot to use gum paste in the fondant mixture. His party is not till November 13 do you think they will harden in time or should I re-do them with a gum paste fondant mixture.

Also, the decorations are done in yellow, blue and red, (White Wilton Fondant with Wilton coloring) if I frost the cupcakes the morning of and set the decorations on them with the decorations bleed or get ruined? They will be setting our for about 4-5 hours. I do have the ability to leave them in an air tight container if need be.

Also what is the best way to store my decorations in the weeks leading up to the party as I have to make Hello Kitty decorations for my nieces party which is the same weekend as my nephews birthday.

Thank you for your help.

1 reply
Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 3:41am
post #2 of 2

Hey,

Your decorations will dry in plenty of time! Fondant will harden, but not as delicate as gumpaste. For future reference, I mostly use gumpaste for sugar flowers and lettering. Fondant has to much stretch for these things.

They will not bleed on your cupcakes and just store the in an airtight container.

This is a great website for getting questions answered. Most are very helpful!

Good luck

Lori

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%