Icing Roses Video(Never Seen Before)

Decorating By Tammies_Cakes Updated 26 Oct 2011 , 9:08pm by Sugarfuse

Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 24

Found this never seen before way to make Icing roses. Some of you may have seen it,some not. Thought I would shareicon_smile.gif
Tammie

23 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 24

Very interesting! Thanks for posting!

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 24

Thanks for sharing the video, it is really nice technique and fast too! icon_smile.gif

SweetcakesCT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetcakesCT Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 24

Amazingly fast, but did those roses look realistic to anyone? Pretty, but I don't think it would work for a wedding cake, or something like that.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 24

They're not realistic but they're whimsical which I like. I love the bottom border before they added all the detail. That ruffle tip is really cute.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 24

I find his roses look like pinecones, and that is the problem some people make when making roses on a stick. I only make my roses on a stick but they do not look like pine cones. The idea of making them in mass is excellent, i just don't like his rose technique.

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:36pm
post #7 of 24

I think they look a little too tall and loopy. I'd much rather see elongated petals than short loops with the insides of the rose showingit makes them look more like giant sweet peas.

Scarlets-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:42pm
post #8 of 24

I agree...they look like pinecones. Am I the only one that thought it was overkill with everything he put on that cake? I was yelling "STOP" long before he finished. Yuck.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:43pm
post #9 of 24

I thought it was very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

shazza666 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shazza666 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:05pm
post #10 of 24

I prefer gum paste roses so much more realistic but I want that ruffle tube does anyone know if you can get it here or just from Australia, off to check it out now

ddaigle Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:08pm
post #11 of 24

I think the ruffle tip is a 86 or 88

shazza666 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:10pm
post #12 of 24

thanks for that just wondered as he said he got it from oz

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:24pm
post #13 of 24

I ordered a set a week ago, it has yet to arrive because I'm in Canada and I couldn't get them here. Anyway I ordered them from www.amazon.com search PME Frill Tube Set currently listed for $15.36 U.S. dollars. I can't wait for mine to arrive. Anxiously waiting for mine to arrive.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:24pm
post #14 of 24

I have a set of ruffle tips that you can keep at an angle like that, no effort on your hands, just the way he did it. It's the supatube frill tip set.

The opening for the ruffle is on the side, not on the tip as most of the regular ones.

Maybe?

http://www.pastrychef.com/SUPATUBE-FRILL-TIP-SET_p_1034.html

ddaigle Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:32pm
post #15 of 24

Imaginethat....i have a couple of those ruffle tips also. They are very effortless....if you know what you are doing! LOL I find it impossible to make a consistant ruffle with those tips on the side of a cake. Maybe I just need more practice.

shazza666 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:36pm
post #16 of 24

Thanks MsGF just added them to my amzon wish list lol with the hundreds of other things I want

imagenthatnj Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:37pm
post #17 of 24

ddaigle, that makes two of us, lol. I haven't tried using them on the side. But when I look at that video, I know that guy is holding that tip upright, like those are supposed to be held.

ddaigle Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:42pm
post #18 of 24

Imaginethat....that's why I think he is using either an 86 or 88. You can get that look by holding the bag normally. I use the 86 & 88 a lot and do the reverse shell technique and it looks real cool.

imagenthatnj Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:13pm
post #19 of 24

Maybe, ddaigle, so we should all get that other tip and try, lol.

But at 1:20 on the video, I froze it and took a screenshot. I then went to see tip 86 and it's not pointy like that at 45 degrees, with the icing coming from the sides.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=pg_ruffletips

Then I went to Australian sites, and I got these for ruffle tips. What we should really do is ask him, but I have a feeling he doesn't have a number. I don't have time to practice anyway, so I'll leave it to all of you. I hardly use my stuff these days. Job is crazy busy.

http://bakingpleasures.com.au/p1006/ateco-ruffle-tube-3-pcs

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:37pm
post #20 of 24

I thought this was great!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

ddaigle Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:46pm
post #21 of 24

Hahaha! Great detective work! I may try it today if I have time.

Vista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vista Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 5:25pm
post #22 of 24

If I had to guess I would guess that this is the tip. http://www.cheftools.com/Ruffle-Pastry-Tip-060/productinfo/02-T060/

Saulite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saulite Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 6:56pm
post #23 of 24

i dont think that they look like roses at all, but still a nice technique to make flowers for a birthday cake, not a wedding cake though.

Sugarfuse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarfuse Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 9:08pm
post #24 of 24

Nice video. Thank you for sharing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%