Wedding Cake - Cinnamon Bun Flavor

Baking By dream_gravity Updated 30 Oct 2011 , 7:52pm by ibmoser

dream_gravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_gravity Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone!
I am a new member and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am getting married in September 2012 and my good friend is making our wedding cake. We really want our cake to taste exactly like your biting into a cinnamon bun with cream cheese frosting. Yummy! hehe I was wondering if someone has a recipe for this, but the catch is that I would like the base of the recipe to be a box cake mix..! The reason for this is that I don't want to overwhelm my friend by asking her to make a huge four tier wedding cake from scratch.
I am open for any suggestions!
Christine icon_smile.gif

7 replies
tpatmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tpatmore Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 8

If you go to the recipe section there are some listed that start with yellow or white cake mixes. DH even has a cinnamon cake mix.Best wishes!

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 8

Try the Vanilla WASC recipe and substitute Cinnamon Bun coffee creamer for the vanilla creamer, perhaps cinnamon extract instead of vanilla and cinnamon bun yogurt(if u can find it)instead of vanilla.

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 8

I just googled and got a few hits. You will have to experiment in the next 11 months to see which one works for you. Here is one. You will have to make sure that whatever recipe you use is stable enough to cover and stack.
http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/cinnamon-roll-cake-with-cream-cheese/

If someone gives you a really good scratch cake recipe, i would concider trying it out. There are lots of scratch recipes out there that are not complicated and I don't find them that much more work. Plus you have time to experiment.

dream_gravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_gravity Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 8

Wow!
Thanks for the tips and the quick reply! I'm definitaly going to try them all! hehe
It's really appreciated.
icon_smile.gif

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 12:51pm
post #6 of 8

You can mix 1/3 cup of brown sugar w/ 2 tsp. of cinnamon and swirl it into the batter before putting it in the pan.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 8:21am
post #7 of 8

Here is one I saved. Cinnamon Roll - MacsMom
2 white cake mixes
2 cups flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cups Cinnamon Bun creamer
1 1/3 cups water
3 Cinnamon Roll yogurts (or 2 c sour cream)
8 egg whites or 6 whole eggs
1/4 cup oil
4 tsp vanilla
*stir in 1 cup mini-cinnamon chips. *Or add 1 tsp cinnamon.

Swirl the batter with:
4 T butter, melted
2/3 c brown sugar
5 t cinnamon
...but I prefer to use the filling mix by King Arthur Flour.

Fill it with:
Cinnamon Roll Cake cream Cheese
Filling 8 oz cream cheese
2 c powdered sugar
6 oz melted white chocolate

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 7:52pm
post #8 of 8

I will add one more option - powdered flavoring that can be added to any mix or scratch recipe without affecting the consistency. I met these folks at ICES Convention in Charlotte and purchased a couple of their flavors - great product with wonderful, natural flavor. They just came out with a bunch of new flavors, one of which is Cinnamon Bun. Check out
http://www.morethancakeonline.com/FORMorder1.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%