Lounge By erin2345 Updated 30 Oct 2011 , 1:00am by indydebi

erin2345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin2345 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:21am
post #1 of 46
45 replies
jamieq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamieq Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:32am
post #2 of 46

Ha ha ha ha ha!! I can't quit laughing!! What the heck was it supposed to be??? I think that I will stick to an actual piping bag and tips... for the love of God!!! TIPS!!

fabray13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabray13 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:34am
post #3 of 46

Thank you sandra for making it look incredibly easy to decorate a cake. Meanwhile, your cake is about to collapse!

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:37am
post #4 of 46

OMG, I TOTALLY agree, how ugly is this and it looks like crap! I have never made anything of hers that I liked, I would much rather make things from scratch.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:38am
post #5 of 46

Oh dear, it's as bad as her semi homemade wedding cake. I can't believe she didn't support the tiers! As we like to say in the south "Bless her heart"

jamieq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamieq Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:42am
post #6 of 46

Do you know how much time I could have saved by not cutting my support dowels?? All this time, all I needed was some cake circles shoved in there??? MAN! I still am giggling.. just thinking of the icing stringing out all over and what color was that supposed to be exactly? This lady has a show!!

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:42am
post #7 of 46

LMAO. Thank you for the laugh! The comments are great too on the video.
I'm betting the cake soon started to fall over after they quit filming or certainly the second they moved that ugly thing.

WOW..hahaha

carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:44am
post #8 of 46

It is a HOT MESS but I guess the point is for the non-caker to be able to make something. And it is suppose to be a "tree" so I guess the messiness just adds to it, LOL.

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:51am
post #9 of 46

Sorry but I have plenty of words...

words like "How did she make that cake with "no baking", I have NEVER seen a naked round single layer cake already baked in yummy chocolate and spice layers at the store. 42 years. not once. not ever.

words like "level" cause everyone knows when you cut off the dome on a cake the whole point is to make a flat surface to stack something else on.

words like "adhesive"... no seriously that is what she called the first layer of filling. "MMMNNN I just love this yummy adhesive taste!!!"

words like "perfect corners"... what the heck? its a round cake.

words like "cool little cake rounds, they support the entire cake" Like totally after you soaked them in those watered down globs of icing. I am sure all that slick slippery store bought frosting will keep that baby glued.

words like "super flat top"... sorry sister but there is absolutely nothing flat on that cake except the platter it is sitting on.

words like "OMG, that chocolate covered upside down ice cream cone looks just like a dadgum Christmas tree"

words like 'little stars"... I don't see no freakin stars.

words like "this canned icing is perfect".... perfect for who, it tastes like crap.

words like "when you put the licorice strings on be sure to measure and line up the second layer with the first for an offset garland" why, they still look craaaapppyyy.

Thank God for the saving grace - that star clump on top of the tree, the sperm shaped icing balls and the starclumps with alternating colors of candles.

OMG I think I just threw up in the back of my mouth a little... too many words. BWWWAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHAAA!!!!!

Thanks at least for giving me a laugh for tonight, and a (wink) cake to do for Christmas this year....

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:58am
post #10 of 46

The Kwanzaa cake was the absolute worst. It had dinner candles shoved into it, and then she tossed on corn nuts calling them "acorns." It will live in infamy. And you should watch that video with Anthony Bourdain talking about her. I didn't actually watch the video, but I went to a live performance and he was quite free about talking about her.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:00am
post #11 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabray13

Thank you sandra for making it look incredibly easy to decorate a cake. Meanwhile, your cake is about to collapse!

Seriously, when she pulled the parchment paper out from beneath the bottom tier, I thought, "Here we go...this cake is going to collapse!" You'd think that someone at Food Network would have tipped her off that the cake boards do not support the cake, despite what she thinks.

I feel badly for those viewers that follow her instructions and end up with a collapsed cake.

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:01am
post #12 of 46

Well you've all said it for me, but I did learn one thing..............WHat monkey style icing looks like, read about it on the thread about the cake wrecks thread. Ha....now i've seen it in action!!

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:02am
post #13 of 46

OMG I just noticed the big flower arrangement behind her with the word DREAM in it... maybe that is what we are supposed to do... Dream we can bake a pretty semi-home made cake.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:07am
post #14 of 46

Leah - I'm with you.

The Kwanzaa cake left me apoplectic. Too funny.

MarianInFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarianInFL Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:14am
post #15 of 46

And how come just a circle of icing between the layers? I've never heard of her before this forum, but tomorrow I will be watching more of her videos. She makes me feel like a pro!!

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:23am
post #16 of 46

"Beautiful Noel Cake"???? icon_eek.gif

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:29am
post #17 of 46

I am LMAO! Hilarious.

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:40am
post #18 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianInFL

And how come just a circle of icing between the layers? I've never heard of her before this forum, but tomorrow I will be watching more of her videos. She makes me feel like a pro!!

MarianInFL......She actually has her own show on the food tv network!!!!!!

tarabara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarabara Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:48am
post #19 of 46

WOW. I just learned the phrase 'monkey-icing' too and I believe I have a much better grasp of the concept now. I've just been decorating cakes for 6 months now and although I'll freely admit my first cake sucked, I don't think I can claim responsibility for ever making something quite this bad. And she gets paid for this!!!! I could get paid for that! Who on earth does she know at the Food Network that continues to write her paycheques!?! Makes me feel a little better about my imperfect cakes, anyway....

bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:03am
post #20 of 46

I believe that her husband is some director, producer, something or another, thats why she's the only one with miramax (i think) in the credits of her show and has the money for changing her kitchens look for the color theme (aka her outfit) for each show.... So basically yeah, she's on tv because she knows someone.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:07am
post #21 of 46

I loved how she was so careful in covering up the cake board and removing the parchment paper carefully....like having a clean board would somehow make the cake look better!!! I couldn't even finish watching the video....she annoys me. icon_cry.gif

SweetDreams_DK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams_DK Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:14am
post #22 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingkat

I believe that her husband is some director, producer, something or another, thats why she's the only one with miramax (i think) in the credits of her show and has the money for changing her kitchens look for the color theme (aka her outfit) for each show.... So basically yeah, she's on tv because she knows someone.

No, actually it was all in the news that she was Gov. Andrew Cuomo's girlfriend. (Not sure if she still is.) I have never understood what people see in her show. The stuff she makes looks and sounds awful. And frankly, most of it would be so much better if it was fully homemade...and not that much more effort.

So, she's not a professional baker, I'll give her a break on that. But she is responsible for teaching people how to do something. Don't you think she should at least know what she's talking about before she tries to teach someone?! What the heck are her editors paid for?

SweetcakesCT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetcakesCT Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 5:02am
post #23 of 46

I thought the show was called "SEMI Homemade"? Which part of that cake was "homemade"? LOL

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 5:22am
post #24 of 46

And now we know why, every once in awhile, someone comes to CC and actually thinks that they can produce a stable, tiered cake--DONE THIS WAY icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

But now we can tell people that the way to avoid the bulge in split layers is to just not put in any real amount of filling................just enough to be adhesive. Of course, you'd have the same result IF YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO SPLIT THE STUPID LAYERS.................... icon_confused.gif

So, does she NOT have a decent "advisor" when it comes to making cakes OR does she simply choose NOT to do it correctly?????????

Well, either way, she's a doofus AND annoying icon_twisted.gif

I can't stand 2 minutes of her............or her "cakes".
Rae

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 5:45am
post #25 of 46

Thank you SO much for posting this link. I actually really enjoyed the video...because now when I have a bad day and my cakes don't turn out the way they should, I can watch this and feel better about myself.

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 5:53am
post #26 of 46

What on earth gave her that idea for the Kwanza cake? LMAO! The candles looked liked they horked the cake up, what creativity! The Noel Cake, what words can I say? I have never seen a cake put together like that before, priceless!

destineysway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destineysway Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 5:54am
post #27 of 46

WOW!!! thanks for the BIG laugh i needed that!! icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 5:55am
post #28 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDreams_DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingkat

No, actually it was all in the news that she was Gov. Andrew Cuomo's girlfriend. (Not sure if she still is.) I have never understood what people see in her show. The stuff she makes looks and sounds awful. And frankly, most of it would be so much better if it was fully homemade...and not that much more effort.

She was married to a CEO of a big building company for about 4 years, around 2001-2005, and now she's Gov. Andrew Cuomo's girlfriend. I see her on TV all the time with him now (I watch the Food Network the whole day long, but have no use for her food since I make everything from scratch). I never watch her show because I don't like it how she puts down the art that's cooking and baking, with her fake food. Her ex-husband almost went to jail for fraude, I think.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 6:55am
post #29 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

The Kwanzaa cake was the absolute worst. It had dinner candles shoved into it, and then she tossed on corn nuts calling them "acorns." It will live in infamy. And you should watch that video with Anthony Bourdain talking about her. I didn't actually watch the video, but I went to a live performance and he was quite free about talking about her.

Thanks for the heads-up, Leah. I watched the Kwanzaa cake video and it was truly a "unique" presentation.

I can pretty much eat anything with frosting, but frosting, apple pie filling (AAAAAAAGH!) Corn Nuts [oh, sorry...... acorns.....] AND pumpkin seeds?

And ya just gotta love those candles...

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 7:04am
post #30 of 46

omg no suppoty and how freaking much did all that crappy store bought frosting cost anyway ..........omg thats terrible

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%