Toy Box Cake

Decorating By mikellao Updated 26 Oct 2011 , 7:32pm by cakeyouverymuch

mikellao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mikellao Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 10

does anybody know how I can make a toy box for a cake? i need tips on making out of cake or how to make from gumpast or fondant? or what is the best thing to make it out of? anything is appreciated!

9 replies
Cakeopoly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeopoly Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:35am
post #2 of 10

Is the toy box going to be the whole cake? Or is it going to be the decoration on a cake?

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 2:53am
post #3 of 10

Do a search for toy box cakes in the galleries. There are lots to look at for ideas. I made a toy box cake for a competition a few years ago. Do you want to make your cake the toy box or do you want to make a toy box to decorate the top of your cake?

cakemaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker2 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 10

Wilton has a toy box cake with instructions, on their site under "baby". I did my toy box cake using those instructions; and it came out great! HTH> Good luck!

mikellao Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 10

Im wanting it to be a decoration the bottom of the cake will be wood floors and i want to put a toy box with the childs name but dont know how to make the legs hold it up or keep the top open.

cakemaker2 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 10

Why do you need legs? Most toy boxes sit on the ground. Again check out the Wilton website for the toy box cake and it will show you everything you need to know.

cakemaker2 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 1:28pm
post #7 of 10

Why do you need legs? Most toy boxes sit on the ground. Again check out the Wilton website for the toy box cake and it will show you everything you need to know.

mikellao Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 1:46pm
post #8 of 10

thanks I willicon_smile.gif

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 10

I put legs on mine. I used wooden balls under the cake board and covered them with fondant. A pic. is in my gallery. Doing it that way worked out well.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 7:32pm
post #10 of 10

To put legs on my jewelery box, I cut a piece of foam core about one and a half inches smaller than my cake board and covered it with foil. I made the legs out of fondant a couple of days ahead of time so they would dry a bit and used the foil wrapped fondant as a height guide. When I was ready to assemble I set the box on its board on the foil wrapped foam core and placed the legs under the box at the corners. It looks as if its supported by the fondant legs, but it is actually supported by the foam core base that no one can see unless they look under the cake.

http://lamaisondesgateaux.blogspot.com/2011/07/bonne-fete-mili.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%