Cookie Decorating Parties?

Baking By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 31 Oct 2011 , 9:35am by Jillfcs

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone!

I KNOW for a fact there are threads on this, but when I did a search I couldn't come up with anything. It never lets me move to the 2nd page of search results!!

Anyway, I have a regular client that would like me to do an adult cookie decorating class for Christmas. She wants to get the girls together for girls night out. I'll bring all of the supplies, including cookies, bags, tips, royal icing, etc and teach them how to decorate.

Does anyone else do these? If so, how much do you charge PP? Would you just take the supplies, divded by the amount of people and then add your hourly rate?

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 5:00am
post #2 of 6

can't offer any advise, just that maybe you would be a better response in the cookie forum.

sjlilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlilley Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 7:33am
post #3 of 6

No advise either on how to charge for such a thing, but you might try using google and searching "cookie decorating party on cake central"
I often get much better results searching that way than with the CC search, it really doesn't work at all.
Good luck!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 6

When I did a cookie decorating class for a local community college, the price for each student was $35 for a 3 hour class. I would think it would be similar for what you're planning.

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

Jillfcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jillfcs Posted 31 Oct 2011 , 9:35am
post #6 of 6

I just recently did a 2.5 hour class and charged $30. Each person decorated 6 cookies and went home with a bag filled with 3 tips (#1, #2, #3), 3 disposable icing bags, 3 coupler sets, 3 disposable icing bag ties and 5 tablespoons of meringue powder. The starter kit was a huge hit!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%