Pixar Cars

Decorating By RetiredNavyChief Updated 6 Jan 2012 , 6:42am by Tortenpoesie

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 7

Was wondering if anyone had a carving template for a cars cake? Thanks everyone.

6 replies
SimplySensationalSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySensationalSweets Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 7

I have the lightening mcqueen pan but no template...hopefully someone on here can help you out...I am selling my pan if you are interested though..lol

RetiredNavyChief Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 7

I wish i was doing the pan, this a 3D version. I just need the side view to blow up and make a carving template. Thanks though. Are you selling any other pans?

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 7

I am intrigued... how do you make a carving template? I have a car cake I am doing for a grooms cake next week and never done this big of a carving job before.

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 12:58pm
post #5 of 7

This is not a template, I don't really know how you'd use a template to cut an actual 3d cake? Anyway, this is the cars cake I made, lightning mcqueen was not that big he went on s base cake but you can always go bigger. I used a toy car as a guide. As this was only my second cake I wasn't on cake central so posted it on a different website.

Www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/coolest-lightning-mcqueen-birthday-cake-130.html

HTH, Jenny

RetiredNavyChief Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 5:07pm
post #6 of 7

Hi all, here is what I did i found a good side view of the car and enlaraged it to the size of cake I wanted to make, then I made a template and oultlined the cake to that. The rest was pretty much looking a model. The pic is in my gallery.

Tortenpoesie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tortenpoesie Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 6:42am
post #7 of 7

Hi!

I know I'm late, but I found a real great Step-by-Step tutorial by Natasha Miller... http://www.natasha-miller.co.uk/lightning.php

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%