Sam's But-R-Cream And Sugar Shack's Buttercream

Baking By sberryp Updated 26 Oct 2011 , 3:54am by Annabakescakes

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 6

I went to my sam's to try the but-R-cream after reading that some of you bakers use it as a filling and add things in it. How does it taste? How much do they charge you at your Sams? They were charging $37 at my Sams, is this too much?

Also I wanted to know more about the taste of Sugar Shacks buttercream? I plan on using it for the outside of the cake. Would this be a good combination?

5 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 12:09am
post #2 of 6

Are you talking about Bettercreme? That is normally what people use to make fillings. Sam's but-r-cream is actually buttercream. But it's a mass produced buttercream.
The bettercreme product is available two ways. 1) In a liquid form which you whip up youse and can add pudding and/or flavorings to 2) pre-whipped also available at Sam's . I personally prefer the liquid kind but I get it at my cake supply. I have heard some Sam's sell the liquid bettercreme but all the ones I ask only sell the pre-whipped.

I use Sugar Shacks recipe exclusively. The basic recipe is great and you can use flavored coffee creamers or extracts to make a variety of flavors.

sberryp Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 12:22am
post #3 of 6

Thank you! Can I add a little butter to sugarshack recipe? or should I just use butter flavor

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 12:42am
post #4 of 6
sberryp Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you janH!!!! Maybe I should stick to the recipe for the first try.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 3:54am
post #6 of 6

I ALWAYS put butter in my icing, and half shortening. I don't have "no dairy" or other restrictions, so I use whipping cream rather han coffe creamer. I leave it out for 3 or 4 days and have no problems with spoilage. The bakery I used to work at left theirs out for 3 or 4 weeks with heavy cream...I think that is SERIOUSLY pushing it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%