Styrofoam Vendor Needed

Decorating By jenniemar Updated 23 Oct 2011 , 6:40pm by JanH

jenniemar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniemar Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 10

Hi,
I need a good/inexpensive styrofoam vendor that I can buy oversized pieces from for carving large dummy cakes. Online is fine- United States preferably as I am in Texas .

If anyone can point me in a direction I'd be really grateful-
thanks in advance!
Jennifer

9 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 10

Try Dallas Foam. They're very reasonable.

rblee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rblee Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 10
labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 10

When I am going to carve my own dummies I buy insulation boards at my local home depot or lowes. They come in 1/2 in and up... I think to 3". Maybe more never checked. It comes in 4x8 sheets that if it won't fit in your car or van you can simply cut or break where needed to make it fit.
Last ones that I purchased were around 11.00 for the board, and that was 2" thick.
If I am not going to cut my own I have a great supplier on ebay. Many different shapes and sizes. You can buy a complete set or you can buy just one tier.
They are around 9 to 11 plus shipping so around 18.00 total and you get 4 or 5 tiers depending on what you pick.
If you want the suppliers information just pm or email me.

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 10

Best prices on dummies that I have found on line are from GuildCraft Furniture...google "cake dummies", you'll find them there

CakesByBabycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByBabycakes Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 10

Dallas Foam is the best place - I have purchased dummies a few times and they also made custom rounds for the centerpieces at my daughters wedding! Customer service is excellent.

CakesByBabycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 10

I am in Texas also and have ordered from DallasFoam Super nice people, great priced product and reasonable, fast shipping.

Vonda

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 4:54pm
post #9 of 10

Taylor Foam has great dummy foams in every size and shape

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 6:40pm
post #10 of 10

Please don't try to circumvent CC's autoblock program, that will result in the thread being locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

Just to clarify, we do not delete threads just because they mention other suppliers, there are plenty of threads on here mentioning other suppliers.

The sites that are banned are banned because at some point they violated the forum rules and spammed cakecentral.com .

Sites that choose to spam do not get the benefit of exposure here.

is a great supplier, but there are other great suppliers as well, and when suppliers who are not banned are mentioned, those posts are left intact.

RE: PMs

We do not manually edit your PMs, the entire website has the banned site names in the replace database. Just like cursing. It is an automated process, we have no idea who tries to PM those site names or when.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=722965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Any member who would like to discuss this policy, can pm Heath directly.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%