Grrrrr...

Decorating By kathie-d Updated 22 Oct 2011 , 8:24am by kathie-d

kathie-d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathie-d Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 4:32am
post #1 of 6

So I am working away at the batman cake that is due tomorrow morning, just about ready to cut out the logos and I realize that I have covered the bottom tier in yellow....the customer wants black, and have covered the top with blue....the customer want yellow with blue logo. Seriously? I have never made such a stupid mistake before and I could scream. Well,I guess I have to go peel off some fondant! Here I thought it was going to be an early night...

5 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 4:37am
post #2 of 6

Sounds like you are tired. That's when my mistakes happen.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 4:41am
post #3 of 6

Oh geez, sorry that happened. I understand, and yep I make mistakes when its getting late and I'm tired. Good luck!!

kathie-d Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 4:45am
post #4 of 6

I'm blaming it on the massive headache I've been fighting all day....usually can work through it...and I thought I was doing great...oh well, yellow is off the bottom tier...now on to the top.

rara1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rara1975 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 8:08am
post #5 of 6

At least you had the Extra stuff needed to fix it - disaster averted!

kathie-d Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 8:24am
post #6 of 6

No kidding! I was just happy I had some black Satin Ice on hand and didn't have to make a batch of black fondant! That would have been unbearable.
I just finished cleaning up and need to let my bat topper dry overnight before putting it on in the morning before delivery. Quite honestly I am not happy with this cake. The workmanship is fine, side are straight, no bulges, etc. Just the design was that of the client and it's just so blah. I had sent her ideas with buildings, the batman light, etc. She said no. She just want the logos. I really wanted to add something to it to make it look better...but it would probably be too busy for her liking. Oh well...here's hoping she like her design when she sees it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%