Wedding Cake For 100?

Decorating By tinarina1 Updated 15 Nov 2011 , 4:30am by VMesser

tinarina1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinarina1 Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 10:34am
post #1 of 5

I am going to (try) and make a carrot wedding cake for my daughter. They have invited 100 people. Am expecting to make 3 tiers but just wondered what the smallest sizes are I can get away with?! Do carrot cakes work ok as a tiered wedding cake?

One other thing, they are over in New York at the moment. I wondered if I should ask her to get that SPS cake support system. If so, what does she need to get and whereabouts do they sell it? She is only there for another couple of days so I don't want to make it too complicated for her.

Many thanks for your help.

4 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 11:04am
post #2 of 5

Here is something which will help you decide what size tiers:

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/tiered-cakes/serving-amounts-100-150.cfm

I am doing a 14, 10, and 6 for a wedding on the 29th for around 100 people.

Carrot cake is fine and yes it will work as a wedding cake. Any cake will work as a wedding cake with the right support system.

I can't comment on SPS in NY because I just order it online. I don't know if SPS is retailed in regular stores.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 11:30am
post #3 of 5

f you're serving the top tier, then 6/9/12 = 102

If you're saving the top tier, then 6/10/14 = 118, a bit more than you need, but close.

Very few retailers carry SPS. It's pretty random. Generally most people order online.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 5

how well do you know the guests? In my family, if the entire wedding cake was carrot, there would be a LOT of leftover cake as most people would pass and not take a piece. I know a lot of people like it .... and a lot of people don't.

My son-in-law is one who says, "When I go to a wedding, if there's no white cake with white icing, then I'm taking my gift back and leaving!" icon_lol.gif

VMesser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VMesser Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 4:30am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

My son-in-law is one who says, "When I go to a wedding, if there's no white cake with white icing, then I'm taking my gift back and leaving!" icon_lol.gif

LOL! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%