Fondant Striped Ruffle?

Decorating By bbsmom Updated 22 Oct 2011 , 7:57am by stasia1985

bbsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbsmom Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 8

Haven't been around but have been asked to make a bassinet/crib cake for dear friend's shower. They would like "ruffles" to match the stripes in the nursery bedding. Bedding has narrow stripes of pale green/blue/yellow & brown. They do not want layers of each color. I have never tried stripes with fondant so figured I'd better learn how & practice!! So...any help is GREATLY appreciated! How do you make narrow stripes of multiple colors with fondant and have clean lines? I can't seem to make anything without overlapping & when I roll, the lines are wavy?! icon_redface.gif

7 replies
soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 8

Hope this link will help icon_smile.gif
It has thousand of tutorials!!!!!!
http://www.lovelytutorials.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2779

CIAO

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 8

Tint your fondant in the different colors. Roll one piece into a log, about 2" in diameter. Roll the other pieces into skinnier logs of the same length. Use water or edible glue to attach the skinny lengths along the length of the thicker log, along the four 'corners', so to speak. Twist the log until you have all the colors in a spiral. Roll out so you have a long strip. Cut along the length of the strip (I use the WILTON CUTTER/EMBOSSER you can use a regular ruler, though) to the width you want. Ruffle and apply to the bassinet .

bbsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbsmom Posted 20 Oct 2011 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you, thank you! With all the great help on this site, I have learned so much!!

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 12:09am
post #5 of 8

That Russian tutorial website is absolutely like nothing I've ever seen (or even imagined!)! The fondant stripes are really versatile but the RI crib is out of this world! Thanks SO SO SO much for sharing! My list of cake "bookmarks" just got a lot longer!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 12:30am
post #6 of 8

Wow! Thanks for sharing that site! Those striped fondant/modeling chocolates cakes are unbelievably stunning!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 1:26am
post #7 of 8

Fantabulous site! I'm so inspired!
(egg slide = spatula)

stasia1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stasia1985 Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 7:57am
post #8 of 8

Thank you so much for posting the tutorial site!!! I have never seen anything like it! So much information!!! icon_biggrin.gif I wish I had come across it when I was doing a barbie cake...I had a lot of trouble with the ruffle garland and I just read on that site that I was holding it upside down!!!! duhhh!!! Anyway, you and and you learn right? lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%