Cake Boss Question

Decorating By Cupcakeboy85 Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 11:13am by linedancer

Cupcakeboy85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeboy85 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 8

For those of you who have the software, Do you add shortening and powdered sugar in the recipe section?

7 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 8

I put them in the Master Ingredients list, then when you use as an ingredient in a recipe, the price is there.

linedancer Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 8

The duplicate post strikes again icon_evil.gif

Cupcakeboy85 Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 8

thanx!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 2:07am
post #5 of 8

I do those items in the ingredients list and then just reference them in the recipes as the above poster said. The only thing I do a bit odd is I do fondant as a "Recipe" because I want to be able to include it on the pricing sheet but I also had to add it as an ingredient so it would have a cost base for the recipe. So I do 1 lb of fondant as a recipe with it's only ingredient being 1 lb of fondant. I buy fondant instead of making my own so that's my little work around. I love the software.

Cupcakeboy85 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 2:27am
post #6 of 8

So if I buy fondant for example satin ice 2lbs do I charge the whole 2lb or half?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 5:05am
post #7 of 8

I set my price for 1lb. Then for each cake I estimate how much fondant I'll need. If it's 2.5 lbs then I put in 2.5 in the recipe quantity for that cake. Does that make sense?

linedancer Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 11:13am
post #8 of 8

Yes, I do the same as sillywabbitz, with some things. Since I do mostly small items, cookies, candies and cup cakes, I also make a per serving "recipe". The "recipe" consists of, for instance, 1 medium size decorated sugar cookie at $.xx. When I make up an order for 2 doz medium size decorated sugar cookies, I use 24. No deciding how much of that sugar cookie recipe I have to use for 2 doz cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%