Baking Frozen Cookies

Baking By rlowry03 Updated 17 Oct 2011 , 9:44pm by shiney

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 5

I remember seeing a tutorial where someone made all their dough, froze it, cut out the shapes, and then stored the frozen cookies until they were ready to bake them. I'd love to do this. I've got an order for baby cookies coming up, but since you never know when baby's will show up I'd like to do as much prep as possible! Can I stick cookies straight from the freezer into the oven without it affecting the final result? I've done it a million times with things like chocolate chip cookies but they don't come out exactly the same as fresh ones. Still yummy, it just affect the spread. I would be using the NFSC recipe for the baby cookies.

4 replies
jwillis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwillis Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 6:36am
post #2 of 5

I actually did this a couple of weeks ago. I had to make so many cookies that I prep'd the cookies first and froze them. Just before I was ready to bake them, I just put them in the refrigerator for a while. It just took the chill off a little. Then when I baked them, I just added a minute or two. Just keep an eye on them for the first batch to make sure you get the timing just right. They turned out great! Tasted like I had just rolled them. Saved lots of time. And there was no mess to clean up!

jwillis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwillis Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 6:38am
post #3 of 5

Also, I think that they turn out better BECAUSE they don't spread. With the chocolate chip cookies, you want them to spread some, but with the sugar cookies, the less they spread the better. Mine ended up with crisper edges than if I had baked them right away. I hope this helps!

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks! I have been freezing my cookies for about 10 minutes before cooking thanks to advice I got here. I just wasn't sure I could cook them fully frozen. Good to know I can do this all ahead of time!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 9:44pm
post #5 of 5

I oftentimes freeze already baked cookies (naked cookies), and they turn out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%