Oatmeal Raisin Cupcake?

Baking By StormyHaze Updated 22 Oct 2011 , 4:51pm by StormyHaze

StormyHaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StormyHaze Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 9

Hey all! My personal favorite cookie is oatmeal raisin. I was wondering if any of you had a recipe for it in cupcake form? Ive seen snickerdoodle and gingerbread cpcakes so i know it must exist.

The only ones ive seen so far are reall small muffins, with rough tops. to me, cupcakes require a smooth top, be it flat or round.

thanks in advance

8 replies
StormyHaze Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:03am
post #2 of 9

Aww c'mon guys. I think it would make a great cupcake.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 5:44am
post #3 of 9

Sorry, I think it makes a great muffin. Many of my muffins and quick breads are frosted with flavored cream cheese.

You can look up oatmeal cakes, which are popular. They are still more rustic, pound cake, bundt style cakes. They will be heavy because of the nature of the ingredients.

StormyHaze Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 6:04am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Sorry, I think it makes a great muffin. Many of my muffins and quick breads are frosted with flavored cream cheese.

You can look up oatmeal cakes, which are popular. They are still more rustic, pound cake, bundt style cakes. They will be heavy because of the nature of the ingredients.

I was considering mixing some oatmeal powder (superfine oat) with ap flour to give it a little taste, without ruining the texture of light and fluffy cupcake, witha few whole peices of oatmeal thrown in. not very much though.

And then perhaps soak the raisins in a nice rum to plump them up.

the later always worked very well with my carrot cupcakes.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 6:57am
post #5 of 9

That's what I was thinking... make your own. For these homestyle cakes, I go to Southern Living and BHG. Both have oatmeal cakes, but they look like they need tweaking.

I have an apple cake in the oven now for my daughter's volleyball team. I pulled out one cupcake for a girl with nut allergies. It looks like it did ok. It's about the same consistency as those types of cakes.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 9

Have you googled Oatmeal Raisin Cupcake? I got a lot of hits on that. You can then look at the recipes and see which is like the cookie recipe you like.

StormyHaze Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Have you googled Oatmeal Raisin Cupcake? I got a lot of hits on that. You can then look at the recipes and see which is like the cookie recipe you like.

I did, but they all looked like muffins, which is exactly what i dont want. Thats why i asked here, to see if someone had the recipe for the type with a smooth texture with all the taste.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 9:07pm
post #8 of 9

For a smoother texture, what about grinding up the oatmeal? That would give the flavor of it without the texture of it.

StormyHaze Posted 22 Oct 2011 , 4:51pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

For a smoother texture, what about grinding up the oatmeal? That would give the flavor of it without the texture of it.

Thats what i said after scp1127's last post. But i want to find a recipe that gives a product similar to what im looking for so i have something to start with, rather than fully create my own recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%