Wrestling Ring Ropes

Decorating By D-Hall Updated 17 Oct 2011 , 6:51pm by D-Hall

D-Hall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D-Hall Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 1:15am
post #1 of 5

I'm currently trying to put the ropes around my wrestling ring cake and i'm having trouble. we're using twizzlers and trying to get them to stick to my chocolate covered pretzel stick posts. they're not quite long enough and they won't stick. any suggestions???? thanks!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 1:49am
post #2 of 5

Are you using more choco to glue them on and holding them until the choco cools enough to hold them?
Seems to me twizzlers are thick and the weight is just too much. Aren't they twisted? Can you seperate the strings?
Maybe using something ticker than pretzel *sticks* would help. Any chance you have pretzel rods?
Sucker sticks?
Just throwing out suggestions hoping something will help icon_smile.gif

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 1:56am
post #3 of 5

I have a cake in my pics of a wrestling ring. I used red cross stitch thread and held it up with fondant turnbuckles. Here is the link to my cake http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1238697

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 2:18am
post #4 of 5

I tried red string candy that the stings pulled apart. I had the same problem, in the end I was blessed to try smashing the ends together and they stuck. I also used pretzel rods covered in chocolate clay with gumpaste loops to hold the ropes. Feel free to look at my picture. I hope this helps also.

D-Hall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D-Hall Posted 17 Oct 2011 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the tips! I ended up buying shoestring licorice. It's just like twizzlers but each piece is about 3 feet long. I was able to tie a loop in it to stay around the post and had plenty left to reach the next post. It turned out great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%