Just Got A Kitchenaid..what Speed Do I Mix Indydebi's Bc On?

Baking By cakeflake80 Updated 14 Oct 2011 , 10:25pm by cakeflake80

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone! For the past year, I've had a Sunbeam mixer which of course doesn't compare to a kitchenaid. I just got a really nice 6qt professional kitchenaid and I want to make sure I am not over or under mixing my icing! I'm making Indydebi's BC. Since my Sunbeam only had the beater attachments (or dough hook), I always used that. I am assuming I use the beater blade for the kitchenaid and not the wisk, right? And what speed should I be mixing it on? Thank you for any help!!

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 3

Use the beater blade. Mix on low until it's all combined, then turn it up a notch or two and let it do its thing. If you turn it higher than low before it's combined, everything will fly right out of the bowl and onto your kitchen walls...speaking from experience here icon_biggrin.gif and powder sugar stings when it goes up your nose.

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you! I had a feeling I was maybe doing it wrong and I was! I was doing it on low the whole time, thinking that if I turned it up it would over mix....but the last time I made this recipe it turned out different than when I use the Sunbeam. I just made a batch and took your advice and turned it up to 3 and it's much better this time! Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%