Fall Cake Flavors For High-End Wedding

Decorating By MelaMang75 Updated 14 Oct 2011 , 4:54pm by FullHouse

MelaMang75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelaMang75 Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 5

First of all, I'm not a high-end girl, I'm a simple girl that likes good simple flavors when it comes to cakes! So I'm totally unsure why these people want me?? They want to do a taste-testing for a wedding for next year. They would like to try 4 different flavors besides Vanilla and Chocolate. So, what would you all suggest for flavors? Keep in mind they will be in stacked wedding cake. Thanks!

4 replies
meljce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meljce Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 5

Almond, pistachio, pineapple mango, lemon poppy seed, spice, chocolate w/blood orange buttercream. Persimmon (actually really good), peanut butter, strawberry lemon swirl, rose, lavender, chai spice, green tea. There are so many choices... icon_biggrin.gif

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 5

I just made a pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese filling last night and it was a huge hit!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 5
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 5

Pumpkin or a spice cake are at the top of my mind for fall flavors, also southern pecan. Making vanilla, chocolate plus 4 custom flavors for a tasting is overboard to me. That is a lot of work/expense and then they might not even book? I would suggest offering free for the vanilla & chocolate, then charging for each additional flavor (your choice whether to offer to apply it to their cake if they book). Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%