How Do I Attach A Fondant Cross Into The Top Of A Cake?

Decorating By kjgordon Updated 15 Oct 2011 , 1:03pm by LiloCakes

kjgordon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgordon Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 5

I have a nice idea I want to do for my Son's baptism cake. How do I attach a fondant cross into the top of a cake? I really appreciate the help.

4 replies
LiloCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiloCakes Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 5

I made a baptism cake that used the same concept! I attached a white Wilton lollipop stick to the back of the cross with royal icing and stuck it down into the cake. Make sure you have made it far enough in advance that it has had a chance to harden. If you mix gumpaste and fondant together it is a little more structurally sound. I've attached a picture of the cake I am referencing. icon_smile.gif

kjgordon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgordon Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you. And I appreciate the advice about making ahead of time and adding gumpaste. I wouldn't have thought of that, but I'm definelty going to do it. Also, the attachment didn't come through so try to post again, i'd love to see your picture.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 5

I've done mine pretty much the same way as Lilo, but I make mine with all gum paste then attach the lollipop stick with a bit of gum paste and gum glue adhesive (give time to dry). This way the family can have the cross as a keepsake. I've also made a cross out of white chocolate so they can eat it icon_smile.gif.

LiloCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiloCakes Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 1:03pm
post #5 of 5

Lets see if this one works! If the attachment doesn't go through here's the link! icon_smile.gif http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1689531

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%