Oh, My Aching Legs...

Lounge By MimiFix Updated 14 Oct 2011 , 9:30am by scp1127

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 7

Geez, my legs ache... Yours, too? This question is not about food but is directly related to all-things baking... I hate to sit when I'm in the kitchen and now my legs are angry.

Does anyone wear knee-hi support/compression hose? There are so many different kinds and they are so expensive. I need recommendations. Please.

6 replies
jamieq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamieq Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 7

Compression stockings... as flattering and as fashionable as they are icon_rolleyes.gif , they are a GODSEND!! I had so many issues with my legs when I was pregnant. I had so much swelling, and my knees were bulging that my doctor recommended that I wear them for the duration of my pregnancy. They helped tremendously. They kept the pain down and I really appreciated the way they worked so much, I now have some that compress my knees and ankles for when i run. I know they are ugly, but your legs will thank you.

MimiFix Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks jamieq, can you recommend any particular brand? The drugstore variety lasted only three wearings. Then I bought a heavy duty pair from Wal-Mart which helps but they are soooo ugly. I Googled and found a few brands but they are expen$ive so I don't know which ones are any good. Any recommendations? Thank you!!!

jamieq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamieq Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 7

I don't remember what brand, but I got them from Jim's Home Health, a medical supply store. You can ask your doctor and get a prescription for them. then you get the creme de la creme and your insurance pays for them. I highly recommend the ones where they are open toed... then your feet can breathe... If I were to have paid for them, they are $60 a pair... ouch!! icon_eek.gif but, my insurance took care of it and i only had to pay the copay... much easier to handle.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 7

I often wear control top pantyhose when I decorate AND a pair of compression socks.

I recently bought these from Footsmart.com

http://www.footsmart.com/P-FootSmart-Ultra-Soft-Moderate-Support-Socks-61671.aspx

They are WONDERFUL. The top band doesn't roll, and the buy 3 get one free is a good deal.

I wash them in the washer & allow them to air dry. No pilling and just so comfortable.

I have ankle synovitis in my right ankle and if I don't wear these, I simply cannot walk for 2 days.

Rae

MimiFix Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks Rae, I'm placing an order now.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 9:30am
post #7 of 7

Mimi, my husband is a doctor. I have prescription innersoles as a preventive measure. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for my feet, back, and legs. And I have a broken vertebrae. I also use the Gel Mat and either Merrill, Dansko, or Nike Shox as shoes. Before this, I would get so sore. Now I can bake and run around all day.

If you are interested, pm me and I'll get the brand of the innersoles. The site has physicians listed by area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%