Wire My Butterflies Without Them Breaking In 2?

Decorating By lilmissmoffat Updated 13 Oct 2011 , 1:49pm by cheatize

lilmissmoffat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissmoffat Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 8:05am
post #1 of 4

HELP!! i made some fondant (added some gumpaste poweder) butterfies and left them overnight to harden..i need to wire them but if i insert the wire into the centre i breaks them...i put the wire in the wings but the swivel round on the wore the wrong direction. what am i doing wrong? i need them for this afternoon on wire.

thanks

3 replies
allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 8:59am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissmoffat

HELP!! i made some fondant (added some gumpaste poweder) butterfies and left them overnight to harden..i need to wire them but if i insert the wire into the centre i breaks them...i put the wire in the wings but the swivel round on the wore the wrong direction. what am i doing wrong? i need them for this afternoon on wire.

thanks

Hi there, it is best to wire your butterflies before they dry not after. Make the centres slightly thicker then twist the wire in like you are screwing a screw in. Only do this when they are wet they will break when dry

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 4

Well, since it's too late to insert the wires while the fondant is still soft, try heating the wire over a flame (candle or lighter) before inserting into the firm fondant. If you're using cloth covered wires, you'll need to strip the cloth off before heating.

Next time, heed allaboutcakeuk's advice. icon_smile.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 4

Glue it with chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%