Cupcakes Frosting!

Baking By Caroiseaux Updated 10 Oct 2011 , 10:40pm by shuswapcakes

Caroiseaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caroiseaux Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 7

Hi guys! What do you prefer? Frost the cupcakes the day before the delivery and fridge them or frost the cupcakes the same day of the delivery?

Thank!! ^_^

6 replies
lovecakes52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecakes52 Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 7

I prefer to frost my cupcakes the day before, that way the frosting has set

CCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCupcakez Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 7

I typically frost the day of IF and ONLY IF i know I have the time. I make my buttercream & fridge it the day before.

Also, it's generally a bad idea to fridge your cupcakes. It can dry them out. If you're making cupcakes on Friday for a delivery on Saturday then it's perfectly okay to leave them out over night and they'll still be perfectly fresh on Saturday.

Valkstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valkstar Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 7

I like to frost them on the day of delivery so the frosting is nice and fresh.

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 7

I always frost and fill mine the day of and MAKE sure I have time to do it, even if I have 400. It doesn't take that long to do and and they are nice and fresh!

Caroiseaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caroiseaux Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 8:35pm
post #6 of 7

Oh wow! Thank you for your help guys! And it's okay if I put gumpaste decorations on it if I leave the cupcakes at the room temperature the day before the delivery? Of it's preferable that I put this decoration at the last minute? Thank again!!! icon_biggrin.gif

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 10:40pm
post #7 of 7

I like to frost my cupcakes the day of because we live in a small rural city and I know some people put their orders in for the day before their event for cupcakes/cakes so I like them to be as fresh as possible because. But sometimes if it's a big order I frost them the night before, or if I have multiple orders of other stuff as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%