Local Cake Club??

Decorating By ConfectionsCC Updated 10 Oct 2011 , 2:54pm by ConfectionsCC

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 3

Hey everyone! Hope ya'll had a good weekend! My question today is about starting a local cake club. I have "friended" a few local cake people on FB, and one of which I talk to regularly. She mentioned it a few weeks ago, but I am just now getting around to asking about it! How do you start a local cake club? Do ya'll actually meet up and talk cake, gossip about PITA's etc..LOL? Like a book club? I have never been a part of any club before, just want to get an idea of what would be appropriate for a "cake club"!!!

2 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 3

We have several local cake clubs in our area. They all seem to have the same basic format. Meet once a month, have 1-2 demonstrations per meeting. Have some kind of holiday party. One of the cake clubs, has a member bring a cake each month that they donate to the local community outreach which is pretty cool. They sometimes have guest presenters and offer classes (at an additional fee).

I am a member of Sugar Wonders cake club in McKinney and every other year they host a cake show which is a TON of work but also a lot of fun.

To me it's mostly about the demonstrations and learning new techniques. I would encourage people to bring pics of cakes they did the month before and maybe have a vanity wall or something where people post them. Look to your local cake supply to see if they will let you host it in their classroom or something. The Dallas Cake Club does that and I think it's a total win/win for the cake club and the business.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 3

That sounds like so much fun!!!!! I hope we can get something like that up and going soon here!!! I think I will be emailing a few cake friends to see if they are interested icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%