Apple Cupcake

Baking By StormyHaze Updated 11 Oct 2011 , 3:27am by StormyHaze

StormyHaze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StormyHaze Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 5:59am
post #1 of 4

Hey all! Im thinking about tweaking the ingrediants for an apple recipe.
What do you think about swapping the milk for apple juice? Im wondering how the lack of whole milk fat will affect it.

Im also considering taking the skind of the apple in thin vut up shreds(lightly floured) in the batter. or perhaps small chunks of floured apple. The recipe originally called for 4 eggs, but i think aside from yellow cake any recipe that calls for over three produces a gross eggy smell/taste.

What do you guys think? I also happen to have a mass amount of apple butter, do you think i could incorporate that anyway?

Cupcakes
2 1/4 all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
9 ounces (2 sticks plus 2 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened at room temp
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp finely grated lemon or orange zest
1 cup (8 fluid ounces) whole milk

3 replies
StormyHaze Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 6:05am
post #2 of 4

apple juice or cider. I know vegans sub eggs for apple sauce. What do you think about this idea along with all the others?

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 2:23am
post #3 of 4

I don't see why not. You could also substitute half just to see how that works. I usually start small with changes.

I was wondering...maybe a dumb question...is this an apple cupcake recipe or is this a recipe that you want to change to make it an apple cupcake recipe.

On a side note, I use this recipe for apple cupcakes:

http://www.oprah.com/food/Sprinkles-Cupcakes-Strawberry-Cupcakes-Recipe

I substitute the strawberries for an equal amount of fresh apple (I use my cheese grater and it's about one large apple-I use honeycrisp). I also substitute the sugar- 1/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup sugar. Add about 1 tsp cinnamon.

It is delicious. I just made some tonight!

StormyHaze Posted 11 Oct 2011 , 3:27am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osgirl

I don't see why not. You could also substitute half just to see how that works. I usually start small with changes.

I was wondering...maybe a dumb question...is this an apple cupcake recipe or is this a recipe that you want to change to make it an apple cupcake recipe.

On a side note, I use this recipe for apple cupcakes:

http://www.oprah.com/food/Sprinkles-Cupcakes-Strawberry-Cupcakes-Recipe

I substitute the strawberries for an equal amount of fresh apple (I use my cheese grater and it's about one large apple-I use honeycrisp). I also substitute the sugar- 1/4 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cup sugar. Add about 1 tsp cinnamon.

not a dumb question at all. The recipe was originally an apple pie cupcake, because it had sliced of apple baked on top. i tried it their way, didnt like it. The cake had barely any flavor.
It is delicious. I just made some tonight!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%