Rotating Display, Where To Find One?

Decorating By Isacake Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 9:27pm by auntginn

Isacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Isacake Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 4

Hi cakers! I would love to have a rotating display system, battery operated, to give movement to my cakes. I am not looking for a stand that revolves the whole cake, but for a small system that I could use to make the topper spin. I have found some on Internet, but i'm not sure if they would be ok. I am worried about the weight they can support. Does anyone own one and if yes, what model is it and where did you get it! Thank you in advance, Isabelle.

3 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 4

Isabelle, a few years back Wilton was selling just such a base. It also has a light in the middle for those crystal or crystal-like toppers. I don't even remember the cost but don't think it was more than $20.00.

But to tell you the truth, I never have used it. Always worried about the support element. My point is to check and see if Wilton still carries it.

Isacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Isacake Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you, I will check Wilton web site as well. The ones I've found come form China and they have LED light in it. But I don't know if the are reliable. Since I've started playing with blown and pulled sugar, I have a vision of a sugar piece under lights, spinning gracefully over a cake! I want to do it so bad!!!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 4

Sounds beautiful! Please keep me posted on it when its complete. Would love to see it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%