Packaging And Shipping Cupcake Bouquet?

Baking By pj22 Updated 8 Oct 2011 , 4:21pm by lilmissbakesalot

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 6

Hey!

I was thinking of sending a cupcake bouquet made of fondant covered cupcakes and fondant flowers to a friend in NY. I live in VA. I was thinking of using overnight shipping but I am not sure how to package the bouquet so the cupcakes don't get damaged.

Since the cupcakes will be fondant covered and decorated with fondant flowers, they will hopefully not be smudged but how do I package them?

Also, I found this website: www.cupcakebouquet.co.uk Can I copy their design? It says their designs are protected or something??

Thanks for the help!!

5 replies
shawnteel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shawnteel Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 6

Here is a link for a tutorial on how to package and ship. This came from CC main page:

http://cakecentral.com/articles/127/how-to-package-ship-cookie-bouquets

pj22 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks but the link is for a cookie bouquet! Those steps will not apply to a cupcake bouquet. Can someone pls help? Thanks!!

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 6

I wouldn't trust it in the mail. I have seen terrible pictures of cakes that were shipped. CC bouquets are even more easily damaged. All I can picture it the box being opened and seeing cake spackle... LOL.

pj22 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 6

I was wondering how that UK company does it

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 6

They only deliver their fondant covered ones by post. The rose ones must be hand delivered or the icing would get all jacked up. I am betting they are royal iced onto the form so they are really secure. I can't say that I would trust the post office to deliver them safely. Maybe a courier service?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%