Urgent Cheesecake Base Help/opinions Required!

Baking By Jennifer353 Updated 10 Oct 2011 , 8:17am by Jennifer353

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 8

I am making peanut butter cheese cake for friends tonight but I cant find any peanut cookies (tried my normal big store and found none and then tried every shop in town at lunchtime!!) to make the base from so am going to try making some. The base in the recipe is crushed peanut cookies with melted butter. Would it work if I made one large cookie instead of lots of little ones and then breaking them up and mixing them with the butter to make them whole again? I realise it wouldnt be exactly the same texture but would it taste nice?

I should have made the whole cheesecake last night to give it time to set so at this stage Ill be lucky if they dont have peanut base of some form and whipped cream consistency topping!!

7 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 8

If I was going to bake a cookie for it, I think I would just bake a big cookie. I'm not sure fresh cookies would have the same texture after mixed with the butter.

What about using a vanilla cookie was well? Or even an oreo/chocolate cookie? Chocolate and peanut butter go together very nicely. icon_smile.gif

heyjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjules Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 8

I make a peanut butter cheesecake with a pretzel crust, and it's seriously one of the best things I've ever eaten. Maybe if you can't find your cookies, you could sub those. Good luck!

Mexx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mexx Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 8

If you're going to bake your own cookie/s...I'd make sure that you baked it to "crisp" as opposed to soft.

LouLou79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LouLou79 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 8

could you not just use the regular biscuits/cookies you would usually use and crush some peanuts into the biscuit & butter mix before pressing the mixture into the dish ? not sure if it could be done but this is what i would try if i was doing myself.

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 2:57pm
post #6 of 8

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's available where you are at, but over here we have Oreo with peanut butter and choc filling (double flavor). So just crush them together with the filling (no butter added). I've done this before with success, with regular Oreos btw.

Or... You can use any kind of cookies or crackers (or graham) and instead of mixing with butter, mix them with peanut butter. How abt that?

Not sure if these help.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 8:15am
post #7 of 8

You can use a shortbread recipe for the crust or a thin yellow cake flavored with PB. I wouldn't make one big cookie. Maybe thin, crisp cookies cooled and processed.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 8:17am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexx

If you're going to bake your own cookie/s...I'd make sure that you baked it to "crisp" as opposed to soft.

Thanks for all the ideas. I baked cookies and made them cripsy, let them cool and made the base as per the instructions and it turned out well.

Mclaren, I havent seen those Oreos in the UK but they sound yummy!
Heyjules, do you mix the preztels with butter or something else to make the crust?

Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%