Decorating By Briniga Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 1:57am by BlakesCakes

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 12
11 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:17am
post #2 of 12

Wow, i like that. It looks like they have outlined the lip print, the brushed rest with red b/c to fill in. That is just my opinion. Got to try it!!!hope someones else give theirs.

Briniga Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:24am
post #3 of 12

it looks like painted red icing color to me, but not sure how they made it look so perfect like a kiss...

Briniga Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:33am
post #4 of 12

Ok I just found these cupcakes on here & she explained how she did it: Fondant lipsticks and food gel color kisses done with foam stamp, I just need to find a stamp & ive looked before & havent found them at the store icon_sad.gif
Well if anyone has any other ways they make these, please post it on here, thanks!

threeforhim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeforhim Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:34am
post #5 of 12

Find a rubber stamp with the lips you want. Mix some red gel color with a touch of white to make it more like paint instead of get. Paint the stamp with the food color and lightly press where you want it. Be careful so that you don't make an indentation.

MKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKC Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:45am
post #6 of 12

We used to make stamps with potatoes when I was a kid. It food safe and you can make any shape you want. No need to find a special stamp.

Briniga Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:48am
post #7 of 12

wow, i have no idea how to do that, any instructions?

lschmitz05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lschmitz05 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:52am
post #8 of 12

Cut the potato in half and then carve out the shape you want. You can always print off a picture from google to use as your outline that you want to cut out of the potato. You just have to make sure you only cut out the outline and leave the inside.

MKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKC Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:53am
post #9 of 12

If you google the words: potato stamp video, you will find several tutorials. You need some carving skills but I'm sure you will get the same lipstick effect.

Briniga Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:58am
post #10 of 12

Thanks!!!! i will look that up

threeforhim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeforhim Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 1:05am
post #11 of 12

Why not find a lip imprint you like online. Cut it out of something sturdy for a template. Then lightly outline on the cake to get the shape and paint the lip part with a paint brush and gel. You can make it streak in parts and separate in others so it looks like a real set of lips.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 1:57am
post #12 of 12

I googled lip stamp rubber

This one came up:

http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/item/Lips-Large-Rubber-Stamp/2901.022/804570.html

I really think it would look realistic.

Also, lots on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=lip+stamp

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%