Struggling For A Name....

Business By melonball Updated 9 Oct 2011 , 5:19pm by jennifercullen

melonball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melonball Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 10

I'm just setting up my cake/cupcake business and am struggling for a name!!
I have a facebook page "helen's cupcakes" but I want to leave the opportunity open to do cakes as well although I need to get a bit better at them.
So I need a new name!! The only one I've come up with that doesn't already belong to another cake business is "always time for cake"

What do you think?

9 replies
Ginnycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginnycakes Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 10

Or maybe, "Always room for cake!"
party.gif

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 10

Helen's Cupcakes & More

CCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCupcakez Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 4:37am
post #4 of 10

I like the suggestion "always room for cake".

Maybe "Cupcakes, etc" ?

I'm not the brains of business naming. My name somehow turned out to be "Cupcakes et Merde" which in french literally translates to Cupcakes & shit tapedshut.gif lol.

My best friend/business partner and I were discussing possible names & like you, I wanted to leave the door open for things other than just cupcakes. I didn't want to be "that chick that makes cupcakes" i want to do events, weddings, etc.

Soooo.... I kept saying things like "cupcakes & stuff" or "cupcakes & what not" and she said "well if you're gonna say that you might as well call it 'cupcakes-n-shit". So i made it French & the rest is history n shit lol

Cood luck with your business & figuring out a name! icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 5:50am
post #5 of 10

Sweet Stuff from Helen
Helen's Sweet Stuff

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 4:34pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCupcakez

My name somehow turned out to be "Cupcakes et Merde" which in french literally translates to Cupcakes & sh**

Lmao! That's awesome. Is that your actual business name?

How about helens cuppies & cakes? I'm starting to think of a name for a business and I'm struggling. (i had 9 months to think of a name for my second child and he still remained nameless for a day or two after he was born) I can't decide whether to go novelty (there's a shop round here called bake n bun) or something simple like cakes by Jenny... how did I make this about me? Anyway, if you already have helens cupcakes, why not just change it to cakes and cupcakes?

CCupcakez Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 4:59pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercullen

Yep, that's my actual name lol. A registered Sole Proprietorship and I have filed to have the named trademarked as well because you never know when someone else will think your name is just AWESOME & try to steal it lol

CCupcakez Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 5:01pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercullen

Yep, that's my actual name lol. A registered Sole Proprietorship and I have filed to have the named trademarked as well because you never know when someone else will think your name is just AWESOME & try to steal it lol

CCupcakez Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 5:04pm
post #9 of 10

Yep, that's my actual name lol. A registered Sole Proprietorship and I have filed to have the named trademarked as well because you never know when someone else will think your name is just AWESOME & try to steal it lol[/quote]

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 9 Oct 2011 , 5:19pm
post #10 of 10

Haha. I better steal it fast then.... icon_lol.gif only joking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%