Cupcake Shop

Baking By 08152851 Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 5:54am by scp1127

08152851 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
08152851 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 3

I am a second year architecture student designing a Cupcake shop for a project. I was wondering if you could help me out with a few questions.
1. What rooms would you suggest and is there a specific way you would want them layed out?
2. What tools would be required other than an oven and fridge etc?
3. Any other special requirements you can think of?

Any help at all gratefully recieved! Thanks!!

2 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 3

Fun project! I think a lot of it depends on what kind of shop you are looking at designing. If it's an eat-in situation, I envision something like a dining area with a couple of tables, maybe room for outside seating. Then you would have your display cases with the check out area, and then move toward the back where the kitchen would be located.

For the kitchen, you would probably want a couple of ovens and a couple refrigerators, some large stainless steel work benches, and enough room for a floor mixer. You would also need basics like a sink and you would have to put at least one bathroom in. And you can never have enough cabinets or storage space!

Good luck on your project!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 5:54am
post #3 of 3

Get your kitchen specs from your local health dept. All architects and contractors follow the local code. After you get the code, design the kitchen around the specs and requirements for the mechanicals, which can be costly if the coordination is not taken into consideration. Contact the Engineering Dept for environmental concerns like grease traps. I'm a licensed contractor who owns a bakery.

Then the members on CC can give you the fun stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%