Shipping 21 Doz Decorated Cookies, Help!

Baking By splymale Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 2:33pm by ReneeFLL

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 8

I have shipped cookies before, but never more than 6 dozen. I usually can fit 3 doz in a 16x16x16 shipping box, weghing around 8 lbs. I'd like to see if there is a way to safely fit more cookies in a box, so I can cut down on the shipping charges.
Any suggestions?
These ship at the end of the month.
Thanks!

7 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 6:27am
post #2 of 8

If you are shipping out of state and have been paid, you must have an FDA license. They have guidelines for food safety during shipping, as this should be a concern as well as breakage.

splymale Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 8

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to pack the cookies?

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 8

Here is the tutorial on how to ship cookies...

They are both good, HTH! icon_smile.gif

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by splymale

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to pack the cookies?

I am glad that infinitsky actually answered your question. With that many cookies have you looked into the different carriers?

Mexx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mexx Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 8

I've shipped cookies before using air popped popcorn. Has to be air popped so that there isn't any oil on it. Worked perfectly and it is light weight so it cuts down on the shipping costs.

splymale Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 2:21pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone!
I liked the 1st tutorial from infinitsky. (The 2nd is basically how I do it now).They placed the cookie in a bag & wrapped each bag with bubble wrap. Then stood the cookies up and placed them back to front. Has anyone tried this method? I also think you could put a small piece of tape between the cookies to keep them from shifting. I'll give it a try & mail some cookies to my sister next week. She likes to be my guinea pigicon_smile.gif ReneeFLL, it looks like I will be using FedEx, the person I'm sending them to gets some kind of discount. Right now I can fit 3 dozen cookies with a 16x16 box. I would like to fit much more in 1 box.
Thanks for the popcorn suggestion!

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 2:33pm
post #8 of 8

I usually find that FedEx is cheaper for larger items, but not always 100% of the time. Hope it works out for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%