Could Really Use Some Help For Ordination Cake

Decorating By groomingmama Updated 8 Oct 2011 , 10:30am by gscout73

groomingmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
groomingmama Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I am usually a lurker on this board but really need some help. My cousin has asked me to make a cake or cakes for his Ordination Ceremony (Lutheran), needs to feed roughly 150 people. I am planning on doing Chocolate cake, raspberry filling and white chocolate buttercream. Yesterday he asked if I could make the cake into a cross, and I can do that with one 11x15 and then probably do two 11x15's and frost them together. I am having trouble regarding the decoration. I have asked him what he would like and he isn't sure. I am wondering if any of you have done a cake like this before or seen one, what was written on it? I have been looking in the gallery for pictures but there aren't many for Ordinations and the cross cakes are making me even more confused....WWYD? TIA!

3 replies
aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 4

What about a gumpaste chalice, grapes and host?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 4

Suggestion: go to Google Images and search for "ordination cakes" or "Lutheran ordinatrion cakes. There are quite a few, including the "open bible" type. Then there's "church cake"; you could do one that resembles your cousin's church.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 8 Oct 2011 , 10:30am
post #4 of 4

I've made 3 ordination cakes and made cathedrals. They went over wonderfully. I used piping gel as stained glass windows and flower spikes as spires. They are in my gallery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%