Springform Pans-Best Brand?

Decorating By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 6:40am by scp1127

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 6

A friend is looking for a good 9-inch springform pan. Her old one is all warped. I don't make cheesecakes, so I don't know what to advise her to get. Does Magic Line make one? We can buy Fat Daddio pans locally, do they have a good springform pan?

Thanks so much!

5 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 8:29am
post #2 of 6

Frieling Handle-It Glass Bottom Springform pans are the highest rated by ATK. I use them exclusively in my bakery and they are wonderful. I get mine on Amazon.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 10:59am
post #3 of 6

I like Fat-Daddio's, Kaiser LaForme (Kaiser also makes a glass bottom.) Check out Amazon. By the way, I have found good buys on good quality springform pans at "TJ Maxx" or "Home Goods."

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 11:13am
post #4 of 6

I also use the Frieling Handle-It Glass Bottom. The handles make it much easier to move a full pan in and out of the oven. And they have a very good seal to prevent water from getting in if you use a water bath.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you!

I have never heard of a glass bottom pan. I guess that would help prevent some of the warping issues. Have a great weekend!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 6:40am
post #6 of 6

The glass makes a nicer bottom. I think it stays cooler than thin metal. The bottom never has a taste ot texture different from the sides. I have noticed a difference in the quality of my cheesecakes with that Freiling pan. My cheesecakes sell for a premium, so that edge with the great pan is really important.

artscallion, you are right about the water bath. Plus the cheesecake is still delicate when it is removed from the oven and those handles make for a smooth transport to the cooling racks. Because I bake professionally, I have to remove my cheesecakes from the bottom. After cooling and freezing for 1/2 hour, I turn on the stove burner to high and hold the handles to place the pan near the burner just long enough for the butter to soften and release the cake from the glass, about 20 to 30 seconds, sweeping from side to side.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%