Thanksgiving Cakes

Decorating By cakelover13 Updated 3 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm by pastryjen

cakelover13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelover13 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 3

hey everyone im trying to make this apple basket cake it is two tiers im doing the top out of rice crispy and fondat treats and the bottem out of cake and fondat. im painting the basket a light brown any tips about the cake that will make it easyer to make thanks so much.
OH ONE MORE QUESTION I ALWAYS BAKE MY CAKES IN THE CENTRE OF THE OVEN BUT EVERY TIME I TAKE THEM OUT THERE IS A HUGE DOME AND I WAIST HALF THE CAKE I TRYED BAKING STRIPS THEY DIDNT WORK I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY REPLYSS

http://store.yummyarts.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=speccake17
HERES THE CAKE ITS ON YUMMY ART.COM

2 replies
sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 3

I don't want to offend anyone, and I'm afraid I don't know the answer. I know this site is great for sharing and there are ton's of free advice and tutorials out there so I'm sure someone can answer.

But out of curiosity.. why don't you buy the video to see how it's done? I wonder what makes someone even want to buy a video or DVD when the information is so easy to get for free? Again, please, I'm just curious from a business standpoint.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 3

Turn down your oven...put a pan of water on the rack beneath your cakes.

I've purchased videos and have found my abilities/finished product change immensely from amateur to professional looking. Sometimes you just pick up an unrelated trick that changes your whole outcome.

I must admit, too, that I just love watching them for pure entertainment!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%