Tip Of The Day

Decorating By icingimages Updated 13 Jan 2012 , 4:46pm by icingimages

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 16

When you are using iiPrint make sure you are using Firefox as your browser.

15 replies
icingimages Posted 4 Oct 2011 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 16

Remember to visit our website and login to view support information for printer problems and solutions.

icingimages Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 16

If you are getting white lines showing vertically on your sheets, check to make sure your "prevent paper abrasion" box is checked under your printer's printing preferences custom settings.

icingimages Posted 6 Oct 2011 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 16

Before you print, if the icing sheet seems dry, place a small piece of a slightly damp paper towel inside the Zip-Loc bag with the icing sheet. Place it behind the backing sheet. DO NOT put it on the icing sheet. Remove after a few days.

icingimages Posted 12 Oct 2011 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 16

Be sure to check out Linda McClure's video of her demo of the Silhouette and for great tips on using our color electronic cutter sheets. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17807816

icingimages Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 16

Sign up for our Newsletter on our Facebook page to make sure you get all of our cool tips and deals. http://www.facebook.com/IcingImages?sk=app_166303603381066

icingimages Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 16

Edible printing is not just for pictures anymore. It's a whole new way to easily add upsale design elements to your cakes. Our new products such as iiDesign and Electronic Cutter sheets give even novice decorators the tools they need to create spectacular cakes.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 3:58pm
post #8 of 16

Wow Debbie, you rock!!!

While we are at it, I got a question for you.
I got a lot of issues with this new edible image printer but I don't even know what to ask. It's an HP 510 and I used it for about 2-3 months and now it seems that the printing head is clogged. It does print but the images are totally faded and yes I've cleaned the heads 1000 times and have done countless noozle checks, refill the ink, shake the cartridges (I even did a 'rain dance' just in case) etc, etc, etc but it shows that not all the ink flows...sometimes it skips the yellow, sometimes it skips the black, etc in the meantime I'm almost out of my edible ink just by doing that.... icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
I got so frustrated at one point that I left it alone and order my images from my local supplier. And since I bought this printer on clearance I can't even return it to HP icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Sooooo, should I just put that useless piece of crap where it belongs..in the garbage!! and get a new printer?? if so, which one do you recommend?

Ok thank you!!!

icingimages Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 4:19pm
post #9 of 16

Ok Rosie..I am so sorry that you are having problems. I do understand, especially the rain dance as I have literally prayed over a printer once and it worked....so whatever!!! We never carried the HP, one of my competitors carried it for a very short period of time and no longer carries them at all. I am almost thinking because very few HP products are out there, based on what you are describing you may have an Epson. The problem with both these models is that the printhead is not removable for cleaning and they are finicky printers. If you had a Canon, I would try to help you work through the problem, but realistically I wouldn't put money into it because the unstable history on those printers. While some people do find success, there just really isn't a consistent history of success so we do not carry them at all. We recommend the Canon printer. My favorite is the ix6520 only because it prints the big sheets. I also love the mg5220 both by Canon. Either one are great choices. They both use our sponge free cartridges giving you over 60% more prints per cartridge than a sponged cartridge and they are refillable directly in the printer. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you, I will be glad to assist you.

Rosie2 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:14pm
post #10 of 16

Ahhh, thank you Debbie and yessss you're right, it's an Epson printer. And, now I'm learning that Epson printers are horrible icon_sad.gif
I saw your site and ohhhh how I'd like to buy one of those Cannon printers, but theye're are bit above my budget....provided that I'm a hobby baker.

Thank you so very much!!!!

icingimages Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:26pm
post #11 of 16

Before you consider purchasing a printer, it is not worthwhile unless you are printing about once per week. If you are not, it is a much better choice to have someone print for you.

Rosie2 Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:51pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Before you consider purchasing a printer, it is not worthwhile unless you are printing about once per week. If you are not, it is a much better choice to have someone print for you.

Thank you and yes, I agree!

icingimages Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 4:32pm
post #13 of 16

To keep your ink flowing, PRINT once per week. You can print on regular paper. This will help to prevent printhead clogs.

icingimages Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 6:22pm
post #14 of 16

When choosing which icing sheets to purchase from make sure to ask for a sample. Then compare them. Are they flexible? Do they peel easily off the backing? Do they have edge to edge printing? Do they taste good?

icingimages Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 2:48pm
post #15 of 16

If you are using our web based program iiPrint and are having problems with our image lining up properly, first make sure you have gone through all of the Browser/ Printer Setup instructions. If you are still having problems, locate and click on the "Printing Location Adjustments" at the bottom of the design page. There you can make adjustments to the margins and to the image size.

icingimages Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 4:46pm
post #16 of 16

Icing Sheets in the Winter!
In the winter time, as it gets colder, any brand of icing sheet tends to dry out. Some brands dry out quicker than others. Think about it, you have a thin layer of icing on a piece of paper. It is the moisture that adheres it to the backing or paper and the moisture also keeps the icing sheet plyable. In the dryer times of year or even dryer climates, the moisture begins to evaporate which can cause several problems. FIrst is obvious, icing sheets cracking, the second is icing sheets falling off the backing and the third is printer jams as the paper begins to curl up.

Icing Images sells three brands of paper. Our House Brand which is very similar to most other brands of icing sheets by our competitors. It is the thinnest of the three brands we sell. In my experience you will see the greatest difficulty with because it is thin and thus has less moisturer and will dry out quicker. The second brand we sell is Lucks. This brand is double layered and a bit thicker. It seems to hold up better than the other brands that are out there because of this double layer. Finally our Premium Brand (my favorite), It is a bit thicker and much more plyable. But no matter what brand you use, you can be subject to some of these problems...

Remedies! Solutions! First, no matter what brand you have, proper storage and handling is key. Make sure your icing sheet is kept at room temperature. Make sure the bag is securely zipped shut and that when you remove the icing sheet from the bag that you immediately rezip the bag. When you store the iicng sheets, keep the flat, not upright and lay them icing side down. What this does is prevent the icing sheet from curling as it drys. Prevention is the best key to success. In addition, if you are noticing any drying in your sheets, you can place a small piece of paper down dampened against the backing of the icing sheet. Icing sheets are abosrbant and will remoisturize themselves. Be sure though not to leave a the damp towel in their indefinately. So these are all prevention.

What happens if your icing sheet keeps jamming in the printer? Well because this is most likely due to the curling up of the paper is the icing sheet drys, simlpy roll the top (the part that feeds in to the printer first) of the icing sheet backwards just a little prior to putting it in to print. Prior to printing, be careful not to let the icing sheet sit in the back of the printer (where it will dry) too long. Make sure that you take the sheet out right before printing.

These tips will help you with all icing sheet brands, not just ours. Keep in mind the reason we sell three different brands of icing sheets is that people swear by all of them! Since enviornments and climates do effect icing sheets people may love one brand that may not do well in other environments. Our Premium Brand is our best seller by far, mainly because of its ability to handle most environments well.

If you have any questions about icing sheets or edible printing or electronic cutting, I will be glad to assist you in any way possible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%