Whipped Cream Recipe

Baking By sabileos1 Updated 3 Oct 2011 , 2:09pm by pj22

sabileos1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabileos1 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 7:04am
post #1 of 4

Can anyone offer some advice on frosting a 12" cake with whipped cream??? I usually use pastry pride for filling or cupcakes but would that hold up frosting a whole cake?? Does anyone have a recipe or any tips?? Please! And thank you!!!!

3 replies
Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 8:28am
post #2 of 4

Not sure what the weather is like where you are, but I'd be careful with it, if it is hot.

I love the House recipe from Whimsical Bakehouse. You will need a very good mixer for this one as the recipe grows and needs a strong whip action for it. It is light and creamy and tastes yummy. I think it is in the recipes section. If not, Google it, it is out there.

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 9:25am
post #3 of 4

I use Swiss Meringue Buttercream (recipe all over the internet) it is a soft frosting, but it does work on cakes. I don't like powder sugar based frostings, because for me, they are too sweet. Swiss meringue takes on any flavor you put in it. (If you use Lorann's, be careful, it is really potent). It mixes well with most fruits and any jelly or jam you might what to put into it. Sometimes you really have to work to get fruits to mix, especially if they are water based, which most are. It is sometimes hard to get it to mix with the butter, but it will. I use fresh or frozen strawberries in my frosting, and it is to die for. This is only my opinion. Hope that helps

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 4

I've used Pastry Pride on large cakes with no issues... tastes yummy too!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%