Icing Supplies In The Uk

Decorating By cakeypig Updated 3 Oct 2011 , 5:18pm by tracey6277

cakeypig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeypig Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 2

hi all, im a bit new to this so after a bit of advice... i need to a cake, about 15 inches by 8 wide and 8 high, but it needs to be covered in red rolled icing. would it be best to buy the small packs of regalice and knead it all together or to get a larger white pack and knead the clour into it (with gel pastes) im in the uk so buying icing supplies doesnt seem as easy as in the u.s. can i buy larger packs of coloured icing over here. also i was looking for something better to use rather than the regalice as it seems to dry and crack fairly quickly.

thanks fro any tips!!!

1 reply
tracey6277 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey6277 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 2

Hi, i get all my supplies from www.cake-stuff.com, they are very reasonably priced and ive always had an excellent service even if something isnt quite right with the order. They do lots of different colours in different brands. I now use renshaw covering paste from them as it tastes nice and i find it easy to work with. Ive tried covapaste but wasnt too keen on the strong flavour of it, tried regalice and found it ok but i will always go back to covering paste

Quote by @%username% on %date%