Wedding Cake Drama

Business By l_rock Updated 7 Nov 2011 , 4:34am by happigolucki35

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:15pm
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxicakes

PLEASE DON'T BE OFFENDED by what I'm about to say. I've looked at your photos of your other cakes and they are all done beautifully!! That being said, I'm sure I won't be popular on the forum for this, but...I don't think I would have been happy with the cake either. To me, it DOES look a little "off". The center tier is smooshed a little on the right hand bottom side and IMO I think that the fondant ribbons on the presents could have been done a little differently. I understand that she wanted them "off-set" but somehow it just doesn't look right.
However, if and when you do get to speak to the bride and she doesn't bring up the middle tier issue, I certainly wouldn't. If all she has to say is "It's not what I was expecting" and you DID make the cake according to the sketch that you provided her, I wouldn't refund her at all. ESPECIALLY after hearing that she pulled the same thing with the venue!! I agree that sometimes people think about things so much in their heads and have these grand visions that they get disappointed when things don't look exactly to them as their own elaborate visions do.
Either way, good luck and we'd love to hear how it turns out...

I was beginning to think that I was the only one who saw the sinking middle tier.
Something happened to that cake...either the venue damaged it or the supports are giving out.

I don't think this is just someone trying to get money back...I think there is a legitimate problem.

Please don't be offended by our statements...I'm being completely honest.

Good luck!

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 12:43pm
post #32 of 35

On the middle tier...

I thought at first it was a problem, but looking closer, isn't that a flower petal?

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 1:50pm
post #33 of 35

I don't think it's a petal....I'm seeing an issue with the bottom of the right side of the middle tier...there appears to be sinking under that area...like it's causing the bottom tier to bulge.

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 4:53pm
post #34 of 35

It would be interesting to know if the florist and the caterer had a similar experience...

happigolucki35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happigolucki35 Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 4:34am
post #35 of 35

I have come to learn about a little scam going on out there, brides have a budget but what a cake that is over their budget. So they go ahead a pay but thinking I will say I didn't like the cake so can I get a refund, especially if they request a certain amount. For example I got a call from a brides three after delivering the cake saying I hated the cake and it ruined my wedding day??. Mind you she gave me a photo of the cake with some minor changes, long story short she calls and says I think I should get $100.00 back, why $100.00 plus she complained about the price of the cake when making her last payment. Just thought I would share this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%