Real Flowers On A Wedding Cake, How To For A Newbie

Decorating By shandidandi Updated 2 Oct 2011 , 3:11am by shandidandi

shandidandi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shandidandi Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 3

im making a wedding cake and have never put real flowers on a cake. she wants stephonis castcading on one side. how do you put them on and keep them fresh? Do those cake pic things work? can you bundle more than one in a pic? tips and ideas please.

2 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 6:53pm
post #2 of 3

Hi!

I'm a former florist and cake maker icon_smile.gif Stephanotis are a pretty "fleshy" little flower so if you place them on the cake a few hours before, they really should be fine. I think the pics will be to big for them. Since they have a tiny little stem, I would attach them to wire and then completely cover the wire in floral tape including the wire end. No bare wires into cakes. Then insert into a slim drinking straw and insert that, into the cake. Or you can insert straw, then flower into straw. If you want to put a little water source on each, you can take a little puff (tiny) of cotton that has been moistened and place on the bottom of stem, add wire, then tape down. But, I really don't think you will have to add a water source as long as you don't place them to long ahead. Buy a blossom and let it sit out on the table for a few hours, it should be fine.
Jennifer icon_smile.gif

shandidandi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shandidandi Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 3:11am
post #3 of 3

thank you very much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%