Eating Styrofoam!?!?!

Lounge By singhscakes Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 12:24am by Kellbella

singhscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
singhscakes Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 2:45am
post #1 of 5

I'm watching tlc's Four Weddings and the one wedding had a cake shaped like a yacht. I guess the deck was styrofoam covered in fondant and the wedding couple was cutting it with the cake and serving it to the guests! You could see the resistance it was causing while cutting and the guests were picking out styrofoam from their cake! Haha just too funny!

4 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 2:51am
post #2 of 5

LOL!!!!! That's why if I ever have to use styrofoam (try never to when possible!) I always explain to the customer exactly what parts are NOT edible!!!!!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 4:23am
post #3 of 5

I saw the preview for that episode and how they were picking something out of the cake. I didn't know what it was...now I know! lol icon_cry.gif

How embarrassing!!! thumbsdown.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 5

Considering that a lot of the "bakers" on those shows use more styrofoam and PVC pipe than cake, I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often!

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:24am
post #5 of 5

I saw that too! I don't know who's to blame for that the baker...or the people in charge of cutting they cake. I mean, the baker should have left instructions on how to cut the cake...wouldn't you think? That's soooo embarassing icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%