Gucci Cake

Decorating By THECAKEBAR Updated 1 Oct 2011 , 8:59pm by THECAKEBAR

THECAKEBAR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEBAR Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 2:33am
post #1 of 6

HELLO CC,

IM GOING TO MAKE A BD CAKE FOR A FRIEND AND I WLD LIKE TO PUT THE GUCCI LOGO MADE OF FONDANT, ON TOP OF THE CAKE...

? IS, WHAT AND HOW SHLD I DO IT?

I HAVE SOME IDEA BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT'S THE BEST AND MOST PRACTICAL WAY .... PLEASE ASSIST ME

5 replies
Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 4:39am
post #2 of 6

Print out the logo from the computer and use it as a template.

THECAKEBAR Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 6

yes I've done that already ...I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how to trace it onto the fondant and cut it out

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 6

poke little holes around it so you can follow the dots. use a toothpick or a pin.

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 6

I usually put a bit of shortening on a sheet of greaseproof paper, roll the fondant on it, put some shortening on the fondant so the template sticks to it a bit. then cut around all the bits and peel it off carefully. If I cut it out backwards, then I can just pick it up on the greaseproof, place it on and peel the paper back. I only just worked this out last week detective.gif but it worked well for me. Well, better than usual cutting around templates anyway lol

THECAKEBAR Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 6

SO I SHLD TRACE THE LOGO ON TO PARCHMENT /WAX PAPER ... CUT IT OUT.. THEN LAY THAT ON TOP OF THE FONDANT ..THEN CUT THAT OUT??? DOES THAT SOUND ABOUT RIGHT??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%