Paper Is Not Sticking To Cupcakes

Baking By MrsMcTasha Updated 3 Oct 2011 , 9:37am by amaryllis756

MrsMcTasha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMcTasha Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I have been getting a lot of cupcake orders lately and they are fun. But the paper keeps pulling away from the cupcakes. It generally happens with my vanilla cake (recipe below). It makes them look pitiful and unprofessional. Any advice?

2.5c Cake Flour
2c Sugar
1c Butter
2tsp B. Powder
.5tsp salt
4 eggs
1c sour cream or heavy cream
2tsp vanilla

Thanks in advance!
Tasha

3 replies
sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 1:56am
post #2 of 4

It's not your recipe, it's usually the papers themselves.
I try to steer away from using any Wilton papers because this used to happen to me all the time with that brand.
The liners at Country Kitchen are always great and stay put. For the regular white, I use Reynolds. They have those at GFS in 500 count boxes.
I've heard some people say to make sure they are filled properly so the cake goes over the top of the liner just a bit and helps it stick. I've also heard to leave your cupcakes in the tin for 5 minutes after you take them out of the oven. The first one is true, the second one I've had no luck with (it's always been the brand for me).
This may sound weird but I've always had major issues with mini cupcakes and the papers falling off. I hate minis!! icon_smile.gif
Hope this helps you!!

Cargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargal Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 2:24am
post #3 of 4

Here's another thread going about it. I had the problem this morning and was checking into it.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=7212296#7212296

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 9:37am
post #4 of 4

I don't usually have problems with my cupcake papers. I get them from Gordons Food Service. They are white, and only come in white as far as I know. I do have a few problems with really dense heavy cake, like my keylime. They do occasionally pull away. I also was cutting back on the amount of batter in my cupakes, (trying to save money) but I started have problems with the papers pulling away. So I don't know if it is true, when you say the papers are at fault. Sometimes I feel it is the cupcake. Maybe too moist, or not enough batter. I can't say this is absolutely true, and not trying to contradict anyone, just been my experience.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%