How Long Can A Non Iced Cake Be Out Without Freezing?

Decorating By mudderteresa Updated 1 Oct 2011 , 1:50am by mudderteresa

mudderteresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudderteresa Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 4

i'm baking cakes as we speak for 8 and 6 inch rounds and it's due on saturday afternoon. i have containers to sit the cakes in, is it best to freeze them until i begin to decorate saturday?i just hate the idea of freezing but if i must i will. someone please help me icon_smile.gif

3 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 2:22am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudderteresa

i'm baking cakes as we speak for 8 and 6 inch rounds and it's due on saturday afternoon. i have containers to sit the cakes in, is it best to freeze them until i begin to decorate saturday?i just hate the idea of freezing but if i must i will. someone please help me icon_smile.gif

If you don't like freezing, it isn't necessary. The cakes will be fine in your containers or wrapped well until you can get them iced. (If you're icing them shortly after they're cooled, wrapping isn't necessary... there's enough "crust" on them to prevent them from drying out.) Once iced, the air can't get to the cakes to dry them out.

I'd decorate tomorrow, instead of waiting until Saturday... just in case something goes wrong and you run out of time.

skmorkov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skmorkov Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 4

I freeze all my cakes, even if just for one night.

After baking I let them cool and then wrap them well with plastic wrap. I will pull them from the freezer and let them thaw while still wrapped until they are at room temp.

I've never had them dry out in the freezer and the best part is that after freezing and thawing they don't crumb as much. This is especially good with the chocolate cakes!

mudderteresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudderteresa Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 1:50am
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much for all your help!I always stress if anyone will answer and its so sweet of you to take the time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%