Washington State?

Decorating By LenaMay Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 7:38am by MrsBowtiy

LenaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LenaMay Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 2:14am
post #1 of 24

I see a lot of people posting from the East Coast and from down south....

Is anyone around here from Washington? I'd love to chat with some locals

23 replies
diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 3:50am
post #2 of 24

Hi Lenamay, I live in Auburn icon_biggrin.gif

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 4:45am
post #3 of 24

I am just noth of the border, in Abbotsford icon_smile.gif

MrsBowtiy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsBowtiy Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 5:41am
post #4 of 24

I'm on the Eastside of the state

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 5:41am
post #5 of 24

Spokane area (but in north Idaho)

MrsBowtiy Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 7:38am
post #6 of 24

Congrats on your recent win in the Best Of Spokane votes Chef Stef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef_Stef

Spokane area (but in north Idaho)

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 24

Hey, thanks!!! I'm so proud of that icon_biggrin.gif

I think I won a pony or something. lol

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 24

I'm on the "eastside". 20 minutes from Seattle! icon_smile.gif

kathy164 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 3:11am
post #9 of 24

Does anyone know where the washington state cake/sugar show will be next year?? I have not heard yet. thanks

SweetDreams_DK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams_DK Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 3:43am
post #10 of 24

I'm in Seattle.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 4:15am
post #11 of 24

Washington State Sugar Artists on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington-State-Sugar-Artists/167197559976412

Washington State Sugar Artists:
http://www.wassacakes.com/

"WASSA ANNUAL CAKE & CONFECTIONERY, SHOW 2012: We have a theme: Decorate to a "TEA""
No details except for Guidelines to Enter.

kathy164 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy164 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 4:19pm
post #12 of 24

Thank you!! I love going to that show!! Had to miss this year icon_cry.gif but will definitely be there again next year. After going through your links, I see that the show next year will be in the Tacoma-Renton area!! Yeah!! that is close enough to drive in just a few hours. totally excited!! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you again!!

bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 4:35pm
post #13 of 24

I'm out of seattle too. Great to see we have a few on here icon_smile.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 5:35pm
post #14 of 24

I live in Kent, WA!! --- and in case you didn't know Jackie (founder of CC) lives in Tacoma, WA icon_smile.gif and she attend most cake events in the area. I met her when I took the cake cruise (in Dec, 2009) not knowing that she's almost my 'neighbor' icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 5:36pm
post #15 of 24

Double post, sorry icon_redface.gif don't know how it happened

Rosie2 Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 5:38pm
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonds-and-rust

Hi Lenamay, I live in Auburn icon_biggrin.gif

Hello there, how are ya? icon_smile.gif

shanter Posted 15 Oct 2011 , 9:18pm
post #17 of 24

I'm in Seattle too; hobby baker.

Bridgette1129 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 2:31am
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

I live in Kent, WA!! --- and in case you didn't know Jackie (founder of CC) lives in Tacoma, WA icon_smile.gif and she attend most cake events in the area. I met her when I took the cake cruise (in Dec, 2009) not knowing that she's almost my 'neighbor' icon_biggrin.gif

That's awesome icon_smile.gif

sweettooth622 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth622 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 3:14am
post #19 of 24

Hi there, I live in Puyallup/Tacoma area and am also a Hobby Baker.
Since we are all in the same state, do any of you know of a good place to get your caking supplies other than the internet, Michael's, or Joanne's fabrics & crafts? icon_smile.gif

shanter Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 3:32am
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettooth622

Since we are all in the same state, do any of you know of a good place to get your caking supplies other than the internet, Michael's, or Joanne's fabrics & crafts? icon_smile.gif

I am fortunate to live fairly close to Home Cake, a tiny (but packed) store at 9514 Roosevelt Way Northeast. Here is what I posted on another thread:
"Home Cake in Seattle. The proprietress is extremely knowledgable and helpful--she's even talked me out of buying something because she told me how do it cheaper a different way. She has regular gel colors and also colors for chocolate (oil-based); a million flower stamens [of all colors]; books, cake pans, hundreds of those acrylic chocolate molds (e.g., 20 one-sided easter eggs on one sheet), cutters, plastic doodads, dragees, tiny royal icing flowers--the list of inventory is incredible. If you can think of it, ask her."

Bridgette1129 Posted 16 Oct 2011 , 6:27am
post #21 of 24
Quote:

If you're ever in Bothell, Dawn's (Cake and Candy?) has a small selection of items but has GREAT prices. Americolor gel pastes are $1.50 for example. I know it would be cheaper on Amazon when you buy a set but that's a good price if you need one in a pinch.

I can't wait to go to Home Cake!

MrsBowtiy Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 5:51am
post #22 of 24

Home cake is an awesome store I no longer live on that side of the state but went in there often when I did. The owner is very informative and helpful. She also know a ton of other sources (she gave me the name of a lady that does flower classes, wish I had followed up on that now). There was a tiny store in Roy for awhile not sure if it's still there or not. And then there's Dawns in Kent I believe. Home cake is well worth the drive from where you are at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter

Quote:

I am fortunate to live fairly close to Home Cake, a tiny (but packed) store at 9514 Roosevelt Way Northeast. Here is what I posted on another thread:
"Home Cake in Seattle. The proprietress is extremely knowledgable and helpful--she's even talked me out of buying something because she told me how do it cheaper a different way. She has regular gel colors and also colors for chocolate (oil-based); a million flower stamens [of all colors]; books, cake pans, hundreds of those acrylic chocolate molds (e.g., 20 one-sided easter eggs on one sheet), cutters, plastic doodads, dragees, tiny royal icing flowers--the list of inventory is incredible. If you can think of it, ask her."

vonnie222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie222 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 7:11am
post #23 of 24

There's two stores on the East side of the state too. Carolyns is at 1705 North Hamilton in Spokane and The Cake Decorators Shoppe in Yakima at Summitview and 56th. Very nice ladies and will special order if needed.

MrsBowtiy Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 7:38am
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnie222

There's two stores on the East side of the state too. Carolyns is at 1705 North Hamilton in Spokane and The Cake Decorators Shoppe in Yakima at Summitview and 56th. Very nice ladies and will special order if needed.

I live on the Eastside now and go into Carolyn's alot I love that place always helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%