Need A Apple Filling For Carrot Cake... Or Any Good Filling

Baking By Lovelyladylibra Updated 5 Oct 2011 , 8:21am by sweettreat101

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 4

need a apple (spice) filling for carrot cake preferably one that comes from the canned pie filling, or any good carrot cake filling thats not cream cheese or pineapple. Everyone I come up with gets a NO besides apple spice but I don't have the recipe.... tia

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 2:17am
post #2 of 4

There is one that was posted today on home page. It looks really good. I love apple pies and apple fillings.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 2:25am
post #3 of 4

I don't know but I saved this for future reference, because I want to experiment with a new cake/filling combo that includes apple....

http://www.honeyandjam.com/2010/10/caramel-cake-with-apple-filling.html

I haven't tried it but the filling looks pretty basic and easy....I think it might be yummy to add some caramel to the filling as well...I like that Mrs. Richardson's caramel ice cream topping (its real caramel, not just a bunch of corn syrup) but its hard to find....

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 5 Oct 2011 , 8:21am
post #4 of 4

This sounds good for a carrot cake. You could even use walnuts instead of pecans. What about the coconut frosting you find on top of a German Chocolate cake. I love that stuff. Yum!
Pecan Pie - fromkarenskitchen.com

1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
dash of salt
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

*Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil and let boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Bring mixture to a boil and let boil 2 minutes or until 232°F (111°C). Remove praline mixture from heat. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is smooth.
**I add chopped pecans to this for a cake filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%