Bright Red Color For Icing

Decorating By pj22 Updated 27 Sep 2011 , 7:53pm by pj22

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 6

Hey all!

I have to make a logo on a cupcake order and inspite of trying different combos, I could not come up with the exact bright red color to match. I tried uploading a pic but it wouldn't work here. This is the logo of the company: http://www.csc.com/ Their bright red CSC is what has to be done on each cupcake. I am going to use buttercream on some cupcakes and whipped cream on some cupcakes.

What do I use? I tried Wilton's no taste red and Christmas Red. I don't have access to Americolor and cannot buy them immediately now. Any suggestions??

5 replies
pj22 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 2:57am
post #2 of 6

anyone??

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 4:25am
post #3 of 6

If the red will be in large amounts use as much no taste as possible. A dark red like that in any other food coloring will taste terribly bitter. As for the color try adding a touch of orange to the no taste. hth

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 5:46am
post #4 of 6

Can you create the logo with red fondant and white letters? That is what I would do.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 6:14am
post #5 of 6

I'd do red fondant or gumpaste.

Otherwise, if you have a chinese trestaurant in your area, you may be able to get a small amount of powdered chinese red food colour powder from them and use that.

HTH!

pj22 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, the gumpaste idea sounds good. Maybe I'll do the red powder color in gumpaste. Thanks for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%