Any Good Deals On Ebay?

Decorating By chocolate_luvr Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 8:10pm by bisbqueenb

chocolate_luvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate_luvr Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 11

Hi cake decorators. Just wanted to ask if anyone has bought anything on eBay or has found any good deals on cake decorating supplies there, they'd like to share. icon_smile.gif

10 replies
jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 11

I never seem to find anything really cheap on eBay anymore. Although I only go there for what I can't get locally, I do get my dowels a bit cheaper on there, but that's nothing major lol.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 11

I have bought cake decorating books and cake pans from ebay. I could sit for hours and view that site for possible purchases. icon_biggrin.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 11

One time amazon was out of 6 inch Magic Lines. Ebay had them used for a very low price. Now I look there first for odd sizes and ones I need lots of duplicates. The used ML's from reputable sellers look perfect. I also look for WS Goldtouch, but they are as high as the store, so I buy new.

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisseyann

I have bought cake decorating books and cake pans from ebay. I could sit for hours and view that site for possible purchases.

Me too! I love I can just click the cake decorating section, on my mobile I can't do that I have to search for something specific. Lucky for my bank balance really!

I also got cake pans on.there, I got a set of 5,7,9,11 and 13 inch pans for about 35 pounds plus postage.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 11

plungers and a few cookie cutters

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 5:08pm
post #7 of 11

vanilla beans

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 5:20pm
post #8 of 11

bubble teas straw are very cheap on ebay along with other things like rhinestone ribbons and things you can't find in stores.

Kathy99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy99 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 2:52pm
post #9 of 11

I just checking it out today. Lots of good stuff to buy on there. Now what do i really need.......... icon_smile.gif

MarianInFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarianInFL Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 3:10pm
post #10 of 11

There's a thread going around about plunger cutters. I just ordered some. $19.99 for shipping and paid $.01. $20.00 for a 23 piece set. I'm happy.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 8:10pm
post #11 of 11

Ahhhhh yes! Just got one infact..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150666088400#payId&autorefresh=true
Yes, there are a few items that will be duplicates of what I already have, but then I can always resell them on Ebay! Since going to Cake Camp in July, I have been watching a lot of diffferent items and there are a couple items I have been 'ready to buy' from other vendors and just one item was nearly what I paid for all of it! I was expecting a rush of bids at the last moment....have seen that happen a lot, but didn't happen! went for LESS than my maximum bit....yea! I remember seeing this thread and thinking at the time.....not going to share THIS one! hehehehe So, yes, you can get lucky and find some awesome deals, and you can find a LOT MORE that are just about what you would pay at a local cake supply store. Finding the deals takes a lot of time and scanning what is posted, but that is a lot of fun too, since I see a lot of new and interesting things for cakes all the time....but have no immediate use for but you can learn lots from just looking at all the tools, cutters, and what nots.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%