Need Advice...tell Me To Take High Road, Right?

Business By Pebbles1727 Updated 28 Sep 2011 , 2:23am by costumeczar

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 2:25am
post #31 of 46

Sounds good but i would start with the sentence that starts with i always strive.. and remove the sentence that you regret they had a bad experience because it sounds like they did and you are pretending that you didnt have an order from them.

carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 4:56am
post #32 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by myslady

Sounds good but i would start with the sentence that starts with i always strive.. and remove the sentence that you regret they had a bad experience because it sounds like they did and you are pretending that you didnt have an order from them.

My understanding from what I have read is that the comment she wrote is in reference to a post make by someone who has never ordered from her (like this other lady or a friend of her's). I do not think she is pretending she did not have an order because she really did not fill an order for this said person.

To the OP I think your response sounds good... it addresses the problem in a nice, mature way.

cakegirl0905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl0905 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 5:24am
post #33 of 46

When someone messes with your livelihood, it's war.

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 5:26am
post #34 of 46

I took it as the op saying I regret you had a bad experience with my business. Then she talks about how customer service is important to her and how she has never had an order from them.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 11:37am
post #35 of 46

I'd take out anything thta makes it sound like you're apologizign for their bad experience, since they didn't hav one and you didn't give them onE1

Just say:
I saw that you ranked our services poorly. Unfortunately, this must have been posted in error, since I don't provide product to other bakeries and have no record of doing business with you on a personal level either. Please refer back to the order you're referring to in your review to find the correct business, since you are not one of our clients as far as any of our records indicate.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 11:59am
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I'd take out anything thta makes it sound like you're apologizign for their bad experience, since they didn't hav one and you didn't give them onE1

Just say:
I saw that you ranked our services poorly. Unfortunately, this must have been posted in error, since I don't provide product to other bakeries and have no record of doing business with you on a personal level either. Please refer back to the order you're referring to in your review to find the correct business, since you are not one of our clients as far as any of our records indicate.

Excellent, costumeczar, the best response yet! The shorter the response, the more likely people will read it. OP, consider making it even shorter:

I saw that you ranked our services poorly. Unfortunately, this must have been posted in error since since you are not one of our clients. Please review your records to find the correct business. People need accurate reviews.

costumeczar Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 12:06pm
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiFix

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Just say:

Excellent, costumeczar, the best response yet! The shorter the response, the more likely people will read it. OP, consider making it even shorter:

I saw that you ranked our services poorly. Unfortunately, this must have been posted in error since since you are not one of our clients. Please review your records to find the correct business. People need accurate reviews.

Hahaha! "people need accurate reviews" excellent, heh heh! icon_twisted.gif

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 12:26pm
post #38 of 46

Yes! Either of the 2 above will be perfect. It's businesslike without being too emotional.

Good luck!

LoverOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoverOfSweets Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 6:07am
post #39 of 46

I would be tempted to write something like this in response:

Dear XYZ,

I regret that you had such a bad experience in one of your business dealings. However, you must have me confused with the true vendor who provided you this poor service/product, as I do not offer wholesale or resale services to other food establishments. Further, I do not have any business record, or personal recollection, of fulfilling an order for you individually or in your business capacity as a bakery. Wanting to believe the best in people, I am left to presume your review was a mistake.

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 9:14pm
post #40 of 46

Thanks you all. While I was considering my response, the lady has removed her 1 star rating. I don't know what happened, she is ether over sudden felt bad for her actions, google contacted her, google removed it as a result of me contacting them, she read all of this on here, or who knows?! I just hope that she just decided to leave me alone other than coming back later and post under a different name... anywho want to believe that's the end of it.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 9:47pm
post #41 of 46

That's good news!

It wouldn't surprise me if she were a member here on CC.

Every time I run into people at the baker's wholesale I go to, inevitably CC comes up in our conversation.

Pebbles1727 Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 10:06pm
post #42 of 46

I think Google removed them, because all of the ratings are gone, all negative ones she gave other competing businesses and positive one she gave herself...unfortunately that may mean she'll be back at it, after she opens a new account icon_sad.gif

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 27 Sep 2011 , 10:48pm
post #43 of 46

Pebbles1727: If she comes back with a fake ranking, you still have your "I have no record of your order" on your side to respond. Keep your chin up.

costumeczar Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 1:19am
post #44 of 46

Good for google...They're actually pretty responsive, so that's good to know about them. I had a person who took text off of my website, and photos off of other people's websites, but neither she nor her ISP would take it down. I filed a complaint with google and they basically removed her from their search results, so her site was banned from google, hahahahaha!

Maybe this will stop her for a while. Just keep your eyes open for her new names and accounts that will eventually show up.

Pebbles1727 Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 2:06am
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Quote:

they basically removed her from their search results, so her site was banned from google, hahahahaha!

Wow! Does that mean if she takes it up under a different account, and it can be proven (I think google has a way to verify IP addresses), and the offenses continue, Google has a right to drop her listing? That will be bad, very bad for any business... I did not realize google was that serious, urbanspoon could care less....

costumeczar Posted 28 Sep 2011 , 2:23am
post #46 of 46

I think they'll only go that far if there's been a case of plagiarism that you can prove. I doubt they'd remove her website from search results for posting fake reviews. Unfortunately, since that would be a pretty good deterrant to messing around online!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%